[0.4.466] Bug - Gendered traits (pregnant) affecting wrong gender (male)

Started by tbrass, June 16, 2014, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrass

Really minor bug, and one that doesn't even impact gameplay (yet), but I just randomized a male colonist who is both pregnant and has a terminal illness. I suspect that human male pregnancy might be terminal, but it is still rather... silly.

Coenmcj

This isn't a bug as of yet. The trait system is just a placeholder at the current time. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

AlyxMS

It's the future.
Who knows whether the technology would make man pregnant in 2100s or not?

iame6162013

well no matter if it is plausible it must hurt... a lot... he must hope it doesn't you know explode... :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

tbrass

Okay, fair points. But, both the text and the (eventual) trait ought to emphasize the added risk for male pregnancy outside of a medical setting. So, not only ought the trait be "male pregnancy," but the future trait effect should be amplified for males over females.

StorymasterQ

Or, it could be made that males don't ever get the Pregnant trait. Which I assume is much easier and less mindblown-y.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here