Gaberlunzie's Adjustments and Tool Belts

Started by Gaberlunzie, April 21, 2018, 10:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaberlunzie

Hi all. I've made two mods, primarily for the sake of my own preferences, but thought I'd share them in case anyone wants them.

Tool Belts
Download
Adds tool belts of different tech level and weight, and rebalances the game so that usage of them is heavily incentivized for certain tasks.
The jobs Construction, Growing, Mining and Smoothing are affected by tools, and doing them without tools is slow. Light tools mainly affect construction and growing, while heavy tools affect all of them. No specific research is required; when you have access to the appropriate workbench you have access to the tools.

Tribals start with 5 light tool belts. Crashlanders start with one heavy powered tool belt and one light powered tool belt.

Gab's Adjustments
Download
This is essentially a set of purely numerical adjustments to make the game flow more like I prefer it. If you're interested in using some but not all of them, simply delete the Patch file for what you don't want to use; it's a single file per component.
Beds: Adds quality as a factor on bedrolls and unlocks bedroll research for all vanilla starts. However, it also adds a cloth cost to all beds, similar to what ExpandedCloth does. This makes beds more of a mid-game tech requiring growing or trading of cloth, while bedrolls can be made from just hunting. High-quality bedrolls are fairly decent in stats!
HumanValue: Shifts around market values related to human products, and adjusts mood effects of human butchery and trade. Organs are worth less (their total value adds up to 1600, slightly less than a healthy human), human leather is worth as much as most other leathers, and mood effects of butchery and slavery stack with diminishing returns.
Mostly 'Armless: Makes everyone less robust. The hit points of most body parts have been reduced quite drastically (to be exact, (HP-5)*2/3+5)). This makes combat much more lethal for everyone involved. I like the lethality of Combat Extended, but wanted something less intrusive and resource intensive. Note that if you use heavy killboxes, this mod might actually make the game easier.
Of A Different Quality: Changes various values regarding Quality and Beauty. The effect of quality on market value is lowered, especially for the extreme high ranges, and it's effect on beauty has been lowered to a lesser degree. However, all vanilla furniture now has a beauty value; for those where quality doesn't otherwise affect usage, it's 4 per tile (so a shelf has a base beauty of 8). This is to encourage using the best stuff you make instead of selling it off; a legendary shelf should be better than an awful one, but right now you prefer the awful because you'll get smaller raids.

Quote from: Why the mods are as they areThings similar to these mods have been done before, but a lot of them are quite heavy mods (e.g. CE, various tool mods) with lots of specific content, and I prefer to keep things relatively light. Several of these mods arguably make the game harder; this isn't because I'm a l33t player but rather because I prefer weaker pawns to more enemies. I prefer playing at Randy Rough or Randy Some Challenge depending on biome, and I don't build killboxes.

EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally posted this wrong; it should be in Releases. I can't seem to remove it now though. Apologies.