Willing to trade other games for Rimworld (up to and over $90!)

Started by Call me Arty, April 21, 2018, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Currently, I'm using a system called Family Sharing on Steam, to share games with a buddy. This is pretty neat, but I do have a couple limitations. Namely: I can't give Rimworld a positive review, I can't rate mods, and I can't play it if he's playing anything from his library. . . and he's gotten into MMOs. . . so, yeah.

As I don't currently have too many funds to spend on it full-stop, I propose a trade of any of these games that I've acquired the keys to.

Want a $30:$30 trade? That's cool, I'll do it. Want $90 in games? That's cool too, I don't really care too much for them. I'm willing to trade any and everything for Rimworld (though, I'd appreciate not doing that, in the case a friend or someone else wants one of them down the line). Interested in a trade? This is how I'd prefer to do it.

• Friend me on Steam. Thousands of hours of gameplay, over thirty friends, and five years of service, this isn't some scam account.
  • Shoot me a message with what you would like to trade for.
  • Send me the Steam Key for Rimworld first. I understand this might be a tough thing to do, considering you've probably just paid around $30 for a game (or have a key sitting around) and you're taking it on faith, but it's at least fairly obvious I'm not about to scam anybody from the devotion I've put into this forum account and my Steam account. If you need proof, the most recent comment on my page is someone I traded keys with.
  • After I have confirmed the Rimworld key works, and it's confirmed into my library, I'll send over the games you asked for!
  • We're done! I am now happy with my Rimworld, and you get all the games you requested!

I hope you guys will consider my offer (and Admins/Moderators, if this is breaking a rule and you want to take it down, please let me know beforehand, so I can copy-paste it somewhere else before it's lost).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Jibbles

https://barter.vg/ - Probably the best place I found to trade games.   I don't think you'll be able to trade for Rimworld with those games unless you were extremely lucky and/or came across a person new to trading. 

Call me Arty

Quote from: Jibbles on April 22, 2018, 04:10:13 PM
https://barter.vg/ - Probably the best place I found to trade games.   I don't think you'll be able to trade for Rimworld with those games unless you were extremely lucky and/or came across a person new to trading.

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. Oh, and what do you mean that you people wouldn't want to trade Rimworld for those games? Colony Managers, Japapanese Action RPG's, Sci-Fi Third Person Shooters are, like, the same demographic.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

Jibbles

It's cause how other people value those games.  I'm pretty sure they've been in bundles before.
For instance; if a $30 game was part of second tier inside a bundle, then its worth is pretty much a second tier bundled game. It's no longer a $30 game to people who trade games. The value is even lower if it's not such a great game or not popular.  If it was given away for free from a site such as humblebundle at some point, then people just consider it a free game. They would normally trade those with other games that were released for free.

If you're trading with strangers online for a game like Rimworld (Positive reviews, popular, hasn't been bundled or on sale) then you really need one that's in the same boat with same price, or multiple games that haven't been in a bundle. So trade cautiously if someone decides to take on your deal.  Even if the key went through, there's a chance that it's not legit and steam will remove the game from your library within a week or two.  The fact that Rimworld hasn't been on sale at all, makes legit trading highly unlikely.

There's also a good amount of people who just try to make money off it, making trading even more of a hassle.  All this not only applies to how people trade on barter, but other sites who focus on steam trades as well.  So to save time, it's best to stick to trading those bundled games with other games that have been in bundles.  Barter.vg just makes the whole process easier/faster and a tad safer.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Jibbles on April 23, 2018, 02:03:23 AM
It's cause how other people value those games.  I'm pretty sure they've been in bundles before.

Yup, Humble Bundle April. Don't worry, there's a pretty slim chance anybody subscribed to it, because the month before. . . was Dark Souls 3 and some DLC for $12. . . yeah. I'm just hoping there are people who missed it. To people who had the bundle, the games are worth about $12, but some are still around $30-$60 for those who aren't part of the bundle.