[1.0] Meaty Bits & Eggcetera v1.0.3 (Updated 11/10/2018)

Started by JustIvory, September 29, 2018, 02:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustIvory

I was a fan of the minced meat mod before it became outdated with B19. I also tend to use a lot of mods and my meat list would require too much scrolling for my taste just to find that one thing that needs checked in six different areas. I also personally don't think it is necessary to have so many types of unfertilized eggs considering all they are good for is crafting and they never hatch. So, this is my own personal solution to my problem! I want to make this as inclusive as possible with mods, so if you want to see support for a specific mod added, leave it in the comments so I can add it to my list!

Meaty Bits
This mod simplifies the types of meat you get from butchering into the following types:

• Poultry
  • Beef
  • Pork
  • Venison
  • Game meat
  • Insect meat
  • Humanoid meat
  • Rabbit meat
  • Dog meat
  • Kitty meat
  • Exotic meat
  • Meat scraps
If you have certain supported mods enabled, it may add these as well:

• Mutton
  • Seafood
Ideally, you will be left with nothing more than these meats in your meat menu no matter how many mods you have that would normally add clutter.

Eggcetera
Because many other mods add to the unfertilized egg type list, I felt the need to make the system very minimal. Animals that lay unfertilized eggs will now lay one of two types:

• Egg (Sm)
  • Egg (Lg)
These have different nutrition values and sizes just for fun.

Supported Mods

• AnimalCollabProject
  • Spidercamp's Dog Pack
  • Lost Forest
  • Rainbeau Flambe's Fishing
  • Vulpine Race Pack
  • Ferrex Race
  • Racc Race
  • Xenn Race
  • Beast Man Tribes
  • Argonian's of Blackmarsh
  • Fantasy Goblins
  • Orassans
  • Tree People
  • Astorial
  • Cab's Beat The Meat
Notes
If you do not use any of the supported mods, it will cause no harm. All changes were made via patches that are ignored if a supported mod is not present.

If you are using Rainbeau Flambe's Fishing mod, this will make some significant changes! Seafood recipes are now made with the fish corpses. The meat that you butcher from the corpses will all become "seafood". As a result, fish corpses can now stack. Future improvements to this system may be made.

Compatibility

• May be incompatible with any other mod not listed above that adds egg-laying animals. They will run together without issue, but you probably will not be able to use the extra eggs to craft anything. Lonely little eggs that are destined to rot... how sad. :( Please let me know if you find a mod that needs support added!
  • Most likely incompatible with mods that patch the core's EggLayer comp property. I will hopefully be able to work out a fix.

This mod is Nexus Exclusive!

You may include this mod in a modpack with credit given to the Ivor Sisters, Justine and Annabelle Ivor, and a link back to this mod.
You may not make derivatives.

Feedback is appreciated and very motivating. Enjoy!

zmadz

Hey was wondering how does this play with cab's beat the meat the mod that let's u make sausages,steaks etc ?

dburgdorf

Just gotta say, I love the mod's name.  :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

JustIvory

Quote from: zmadz on October 04, 2018, 11:37:20 AM
Hey was wondering how does this play with cab's beat the meat the mod that let's u make sausages,steaks etc ?
I will take a look at this today. :)

Update: It was mostly compatible, but there was one small issue with the bacon recipe because it required turkey meat specifically. I added a patch to change it to accept poultry instead and I will be uploading that tonight (possibly with support for Fluffy's new Mod Manager). If you do find any more issues between the two, be sure to let me know!

Quote from: dburgdorf on October 04, 2018, 12:11:23 PM
Just gotta say, I love the mod's name.  :D
Thank you! I'm happy that you like my sense of humor.