Pirate King.. Where to Start?

Started by amberstrika, October 30, 2013, 03:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberstrika

After doing all but throwing my credit cards at my computer screen, I now find myself a Pirate King. Armed only with dangerous enthusiasm, I'm unsure how to proceed in crafting a character. I have  rough ideas in abundance battering the inside of my head, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. If I open *that* door, out will spew a novella à la the Voynich Manuscript. I can hardly contain my excitement at having role, regardless of how small, in the finished product. And now... to the point!
I saw a caveat in the Rewards Guidelines that states "When you submit content, it’ll get checked by moderators. If it doesn’t fit into the game, you’ll get an email saying so and a chance to try again. But if you never submit anything that fits, you’ll never get anything in the game. Nobody is guaranteed to have their content in the game, even if they paid to back the game at the appropriate level." Obviously, I would very much like to submit content. Is there a specific location where character content submissions belong? Once the November Kickstarter deadline passes will the final instructions on character submissions be given to those who qualify?  I understand it is a mite early for entreaties, but the early bird gets the worm TO BE A MUTHA F*ING PIRATE KING.

Thank in advance.

Amber
A.L. Strika

Semmy

i would like to point at this update.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld/posts
And especially this part.

Creative rewards system and guidelines 

I've contracted a Web wizard under the name Hypolite (some of you know him from the forums) to create a system that accepts creative rewards content online. This system should be up by mid-November.

The creative rewards guidelines have also seen some rewriting and updating in light of comments and the content people have been putting in early. If you're a creative rewards backer I recommend looking them over and making sure your idea fits. Remember - to keep the game clean for everyone, we're setting a pretty high standard for player content, so we'll have to reject any submissions that don't fit the guidelines.

There's also a forum for discussing creative rewards. If you're not sure about your idea, or have other questions, please post there.

I've also put out a call for volunteer creative rewards moderators. If you'd like to help keep the game content consistent please apply!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

amberstrika

I would like to point out that I apparently have selective reading skills and completely missed the fundamental purpose of the original update, as can be seen in the clearly written passage: "...create a system that accepts creative rewards content online. This system should be up by mid-November."

In other words, thanks. ;)
A.L. Strika