What's the worst event that you can think of adding?

Started by Jackalvin, April 24, 2018, 10:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Negative

Negative Event - "We Give Up"

Every colonist on the map simultaneously decides to leave the colony.

Game over.

Shurp

Tsunami: a giant wall of water blasts through your base, destroying everything except stone and steel walls.  Your pawns are washed to the far corner of the map and suffer grievous injuries (with many dying).  When the water recedes they crawl naked back to base and try to rebuild.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Names are for the Weak

Charles Whitstone gets tired of waiting for you, and just flies on over to your colony, instantly activated. The thing that's bad about this event is that it's basically just an instant win, which you don't earn. Thus, it is unsatisfying.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on April 27, 2018, 07:03:27 PM
Charles Whitstone gets tired of waiting for you, and just flies on over to your colony, instantly activated. The thing that's bad about this event is that it's basically just an instant win, which you don't earn. Thus, it is unsatisfying.

Holy shit that's devious. I'm not even joking, I've never thought of an easy victory as a loss before outside of, like One Punch Man. I kinda like it. . .
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Shurp

Yeah, instant unearned win that ends the game is almost as bad as losing, heh.

Anyway, I thought of another awful event:

Nuclear Fallout: an ancient decaying nuclear power plant erupts, spewing 10,000 rads/hr on your colony.  You get a 6 hour advance alert as you see the steam cloud in the distance.  Then any colonist not underneath Overhead Mountain gets hit with a Toxic Fallout like event but 1000 times stronger (fatal dose accumulated within an hour). 

The event weakens over time and ends after two weeks.  But all terrain is permanently turned into unfarmable toxic sludge.  You have to survive on hydroponics after that.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

thewraithplayer

War- two allied factions fight, putting you in the middle. your colony becomes a battleground a few times as the two sides fight over territory, neither one acknowledging the off-worlders as an actual faction. You'd be nothing more than a spectator, collateral damage. Unless you join in.

Mutiny- one of your pawns (preferably with high social) convinces a large group of about half your pawns that the loyalists are evil, and must be purged so they can create a New Colony Order. You are unable to control these rogue pawns, with no choice but to fight them off to stay alive. If they loose, you can either banish, execute, or imprison them with hopes of winning their trust again.

Names are for the Weak

Quote from: thewraithplayer on April 29, 2018, 11:50:49 AM
War- two allied factions fight, putting you in the middle. your colony becomes a battleground a few times as the two sides fight over territory, neither one acknowledging the off-worlders as an actual faction. You'd be nothing more than a spectator, collateral damage. Unless you join in.

Mutiny- one of your pawns (preferably with high social) convinces a large group of about half your pawns that the loyalists are evil, and must be purged so they can create a New Colony Order. You are unable to control these rogue pawns, with no choice but to fight them off to stay alive. If they loose, you can either banish, execute, or imprison them with hopes of winning their trust again.
To be honest, I don't think either of those suggestions are half bad.

Tomasdav

Well I like the war idea but Mutiny-since you are not one of the colonist but more like their daimonion telling them what they should do and what not how to approach prisoners, animals etc. it doesnt make sense more if two colonist both with high social want to promote to leader of your faction and split their followers and they would just attack each other so you would have to split colony in two

Attila1017

Planet collision
It makes a volcanic Winter for the rest of the game, changes the mapp and the climatics and may destroy the colony instantli
(of course this woud be game breaking)

Jackalvin

Interior Crocodile Alligator-
In random rooms, a horde of both crocodiles and gators will spawn. They are hostile, ranging in group size from 50 to 500
God help you
-Insert Witty Joke Here-