What's the worst event that you can think of adding?

Started by Jackalvin, April 24, 2018, 10:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackalvin

Nuclear Missile Strike
The event gives you 10 seconds to pack up and leave, before the map and every tile in a 5 tile radius is incinerated. Nothing will remain but radioactive roaches and green mutants.
Anything else?
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Kirby23590

Can i think of something more that your colony is still standing rather than turned to ruins from missiles falling from the sky?

Mad Thrumbos

The event throws in manhunter Thrumbos that will seek and kill every person in the map. You can get lots of horns and silver or they will just slaughter you and don't forget there could be 3 or 9 of them.  :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Tomasdav

maybe dust storm, which will slow down plants grow, stop solar panels destroy break climatization give colonist respiration problems
Sleeping gas fall every colonist is getting tired faster
lepra infection, infected colonist slowly looses limbs and then die, spread to colonist who treat them eat with them

jamaicancastle

Well, the planet could just explode.

Or you could be caught in a pyroclastic flow from a volcano. Any colonists out in the open are scalded to death almost instantly; anything that survives will be buried in a thick layer of ash.

Or a pirate warship shows up and orbitally bombards you until you give them all your cash.

O Negative

Neutral Event - It's Raining Potato

Pros:
- Free food from the heavens

Cons:
- Serious injuries to anyone who walks outside during the storm

Call me Arty

I was going to put this in suggestions, but I thought nobody would like them.

Cataclysms.

Crazy things - like that WOW expansion - that completely change how you interact with your world. Of course, these would have to be opt-in, otherwise nobody'd like them. What kind of events? Earth quakes that split ravines through the map that work like deep water. You'd need a series of bridges or new routes to navigate around/over them. Is that not enough to screw you over? Polar shift. Your deserts turn to sandy tundras, your jungles overheat and burst into once-green flames, etc.

I always liked the idea of abandoning a colony and being forced to set-up shop elsewhere, but I've never had the need to. I can't pack-up the benches I spent so much time an resources making, I can only carry so many resources, weapons, and food, and people are going to lose it out on the road. If I was forced to, I could probably enjoy trying to figure out what's more important than anything else.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Tomasdav

termites(eating wooden components, walls, beds workbenches) fire ants(breaking down electric circuits slowly) would be pretty annoying or cockroach infestation(mood debuff for seeing them near kitchen, food stockpile) clouds of grasshoppers which would eat everything green(like stronger alpha beavers) also would eat natural fabric colonist apperal but you can catch them and make tasty insect meal from them

Alerter

How about fallout of luciferium based gas (just like toxic fallout), which will cover some areas (or even entire map) and develop addiction? And what if this event will be global? Luciferium will become rare and expensive, many raiders with addiction will assault your colony just to steal another dose...

Shurp

The potato storm sounds hilarious!

OK, my ridiculous awful suggestion: Creeping Death.  Every colonist except your oldest male suddenly explodes in a giant spray of blood.  The lone survivor goes mad immediately from the shock, and some time later after returning to sanity tries to single-handedly rebuild the colony.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Shurp on April 25, 2018, 10:23:05 PM
OK, my ridiculous awful suggestion: Creeping Death.  Every colonist except your oldest male suddenly explodes in a giant spray of blood.  The lone survivor goes mad immediately from the shock, and some time later after returning to sanity tries to single-handedly rebuild the colony.

Why hello Lovecraft, how are you?

Actually sounds kinda interesting, like if it was set to happen every couple of rim-years or so. Sure would light a fire under someone's ass to get them working on those Cryptosleep Caskets faster than normal, trying to preserve their colonists.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Jackalvin

Because you mentioned fire...
Boomrat tide
You know how lemmings go on mating driven migrations?
Like 500 of them in a group?
But now they're explosive
And if you have any chemfuel...
They get... Excited
And may combust
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Tomasdav

pretty neet would be pimp caravan, all male colonist would pay your silver for some lovin and after some time pandemy of syfilis or some other STD might occur

Dr_Biohazard

Raining Drop pod Bomb - it will land random location and explodes at 5 radius

Death Mark - One of your colonist must die before your planet EXPLODE in 5 seconds

Terraform Wood - All your walls and floors turn to wood

YOU SHALL NOT EXIT - You cannot leave your community or your Land eternity
Raflaxin is good for your health
You can smell it and you can taste it
but you can't taste or smell again
Because your dead. . . . . maybe

Shurp

Combine boomrat tide with epic dry thunderstorm.

(Damn I'm glad I usually play on tundra or desert maps)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

silenced

Some volcano eruption nearby and lava/magma flowing slowly into the map, burning everything. Dependent on where your 'colony' is you either are lucky or just doomed.

Earthquakes.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...