[1.1] Bad People

Started by Avius, April 24, 2018, 06:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avius

Description
This addon will allow pawns becoming evil or cannibals. This will happen when pawn will participate in some actions like executing prisoners, or eating lot of human flesh.

Depraved trait
New trait that works similar to psychopath. Depraved pawns will be only concerned about colony(or faction) members, in contrast to Psychopath trait that affects more social actions.
Depraved trait will appear naturally with commonality equal for example to Kind trait.
Mechanics of gaining/loosing this trait is a bit complex, but it will generally give Depraved trait to pawns that are witnessing violence and life crisis, and will remove from pawns that are living in moral community.
Executing, selling prisoners and harvesting organs will contribute to becoming depraved.
Releasing prisoners, rescuing strangers, and gaining friends will contribute to becoming moral again.
List of actions affected by this mechanics
Evil progression explanation

Cannibal trait
When pawn will be forced to eat human meat, there will be chance that he will become cannibal. The more pawn eat human flesh, the greater chance of becoming cannibal.
Cannibalism progression explanation

Compatibility

• You can enable this mod to old saves.
  • You can't disable this mod from saves yet. I will prepare soon manual solution that will consist running script or editing save file manually.

Links
Steam workshop
Github project
Download
Report bug
Credits

You can include this mod in mod-packs, and mod lists. You can modify/upgrade/use this mod, but don't use this commercially, and make sure to include link to original mod.

Avius

Changelog

- Added option in setting to turn off debug pawn tab
- Update to version 1.2 of Rimworld
- Added new trait - Kinslayer. Pawn should get Kinslayer trait after killing up to 10 blood relatives.
- Kinslayer trait negates mood debuff after blood relatives death.
- Various fixes for displaying karma in dev mode and caravan screen.
- updated Chineese translation by Cottery
- fixed refugee quest by Hazzer
- updated to RimWorld 1.1
- fixed description of depraved trait
- fixed NullReference error when pawn was killed by a thing (ex. trap)
- updated to RimWorld 1.0
- updated to RimWorld Beta 19
- fixed error when mechanoid kills something
- now depraved pawns will loose Kind trait
- slowed down cannibalism progression (gaining trait on average after 12 full meals)
- changed trait name from "Evil" to "Depraved"
- instead of notifications for prisoners there will be messages with sound
- added notification when pawn becoming cannibal (similar to bad/good change)
- balanced degradation (becoming neutral over time), pawn will become fully neutral if no action is taken over 30 days (half a year)
- now extremist (very bad/very good) will be harder to change, and will not be affected by natural degradation
- public release
- init

Sebastian Cigar

hey, a morale system for Rimworld?! that's just great! going to try it out, downloading
do you think this will work well with Psychology?
what about Fujisawa's Shrink Corpse Buff? or DoctorVanGogh's Reclaim, Reuse, Recycle? does the whole colony go a bit evil if a corpse is butchered? what if it's taken apart for bionics?
are you going to expand the list of evil triggers?  :) there was this post on Tynan's twitter where he attached a colony alignment chart based on how the dead are treated. it'd be plain stupid to make the whole colony lose morale points because a dead body burned down (I don't think there's a way for the game to tell apart a raging fire accident and deliberate corpse burning?) but it's obvious that people would feel better knowing that the bodies of the colony's enemies are cremated rather than left to rot.
thank you!

Avius

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on April 25, 2018, 05:32:11 AM
hey, a morale system for Rimworld?! that's just great! going to try it out, downloading
do you think this will work well with Psychology?
what about Fujisawa's Shrink Corpse Buff? or DoctorVanGogh's Reclaim, Reuse, Recycle?
I haven't checked other mods compatibility yet.

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on April 25, 2018, 05:32:11 AMdoes the whole colony go a bit evil if a corpse is butchered? what if it's taken apart for bionics?  (...) there was this post on Tynan's twitter where he attached a colony alignment chart based on how the dead are treated. it'd be plain stupid to make the whole colony lose morale points because a dead body burned down (I don't think there's a way for the game to tell apart a raging fire accident and deliberate corpse burning?) but it's obvious that people would feel better knowing that the bodies of the colony's enemies are cremated rather than left to rot.
thank you!
I've tried to make this mod rather as for inter-personal changes, than as for karma system.
I'm planning adding more actions as for good/bad attitude, but most of propositions was for simple karma system (you're doing good you're becoming good). I like to compare this system to movies like "The walking dead" where some actions actual change your "goodness". For example you will quicker turn bad if you got captured as prisoner rather than capturing prisoners.

Also I plan adding some negative multipliers for factions with bad pawns (more bad pawns, more negative multipliers). For example when you rescuing some tribal mate you're gaining some positive opinion, but you've got half of colonists evil, so you'll only get ~75% of these points.

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on April 25, 2018, 05:32:11 AMthere was this post on Tynan's twitter where he attached a colony alignment chart based on how the dead are treated
There were two actually :P
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaJmEZ9VAAAYiaD.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKh8QRoV4AAs8Kj.jpg:large

Sebastian Cigar

thank you for the prompt answer!!  :D

Quote from: Avius on April 25, 2018, 05:50:27 AM
I haven't checked other mods compatibility yet.
I'm a mod junkie, I'll check it out soon, expect a report tonight  ;D

Quote from: Avius on April 25, 2018, 05:50:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKh8QRoV4AAs8Kj.jpg:large
this is what I meant, I think this might be implementable. the other pic features stuff that seems far too complex

good luck with the development, you've got great plans ahead -- in both meanings of the word 'great'

Lethe

Hmm, Depraved does sound nicer than Evil, but now the reference I wanted to make won't be as relevant... "When You're Evil" obligatory link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA

Yay! I can force my pawns to become cannibals. This will make a fun ice sheet new game!!! :D

Just to be clear, even if the pawns make enough friends they won't lose the trait cannibal, will they? Would you consider adding a setting to make it impossible to lose the Depraved trait?

Have you ever thought about adding bloodlust, sadist, or masochist for additional traits to be gained? That would be fun. :) Also, your mod adds the traits as a fourth trait right and doesn't replace an existing trait, does it?

Canute

Like at reallife, one time an alcoholic you are the rest of your life an alcoholic but maybe dry.
Once you got a bad trait, you allways got it.
Only good traits should should be able too loose. :-)

Avius

Quote from: Canute on May 03, 2018, 02:26:01 AM
Like at reallife, one time an alcoholic you are the rest of your life an alcoholic but maybe dry.
Once you got a bad trait, you allways got it.
Only good traits should should be able too loose. :-)
It's not easy to loose bad trait, like IRL

gentou

ITT highschool moralist arguing about life.

Sebastian Cigar

Well, I've got nothing to report so far. The mod works like a clock, whole colony turned Cannibal after running out of foraged/scavenged stuff and wildlife on a frosty map.
Could you force the mod to  always log morale changes by default?

Avius

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on May 05, 2018, 09:26:13 AM
Well, I've got nothing to report so far. The mod works like a clock, whole colony turned Cannibal after running out of foraged/scavenged stuff and wildlife on a frosty map.
Actually I was planning that to include in settings, but I need settings menu first.

Lethe

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on May 05, 2018, 09:26:13 AM

Huh, how long did it take them to snap? How many days of those were cannibal meals? I have about 60 days on my colony and no one changed yet. I think about 20-30 of those days were on cannibal simple meals. Hmm.

Avius

Quote from: Lethe on May 05, 2018, 09:50:33 AM
Huh, how long did it take them to snap? How many days of those were cannibal meals? I have about 60 days on my colony and no one changed yet. I think about 20-30 of those days were on cannibal simple meals. Hmm.
Those are my notes:
Chance = 5% + Average(CorpseCount, FullCorpseEaten) * 2,2%
90% <=> 39 full human flesh meals

Basically it's random, and for every human meal pawn eat, the chance improves. After 39 full human flesh meals chances rises to 90% and stays there.

To give you some idea here are some chances after each FULL human flesh meals:
5%, 7,2%, 9,4%, 11,6%, 13,8%, 16%, 18,2% .....
Soo chances that pawn will became cannibal after X meals are:
5%, 11,84%, 20,13%, 29,39% ...
It's lot of calculating actually :P Basically after ~17 meals most of pawns should be cannibals

I've made excel for you

Canute

When he feed his pawn 60 days with cannibal food, then your tabel/formula is wrong or something with his colony.

Diana Winters

Evil? Psh. Sounds more like pragmatic