[1.1] Bad People

Started by Avius, April 24, 2018, 06:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avius

Quote from: Canute on May 05, 2018, 11:24:19 AM
When he feed his pawn 60 days with cannibal food, then your tabel/formula is wrong or something with his colony.

I don't think so, maybe they cheated, and has some normal food hidden. Keep in mind that this applies to actually eating corpse from empty stomach to full stomach. Here is a code snippet for you:

// Chance = 5% + Averege(CorpseCount, FullCorpseEaten) * 2,2%
            // 90% <=> 39 full human flesh meals

// Base value
            var chance = 0.05f;
            // Count
            chance += corpseCount * 0.011f;
            // Nutrition
            chance += fleshAmount * 0.011f;
            // Roof to 90%
            chance = chance > 0.9f ? 0.9f : chance;

var value = UnityEngine.Random.Range(0.0f, 1.0f);

if (value < chance)
            {
                // Become cannibal
            }

Lethe

Well, I only have 3 folks in my colony, (I started with two) with only about 20-25 human meals (no more than 30) consumed so far per pawn. We'll eat more human meals and then I'll report back. RNGjesus might just not be on my side. I blame Randy.

I am also running mods like Psychology and We're All Mad Here that could potentially be interfering. In addition, I'm suspecting this mod is overriding Shrink Corpse Buff mod (which basically means unless you're in the same room as the butcher you won't know someone butchered a human colonywide. You still get I butchered debuff though.) The override is fine for me since I want my pawns to snap.

Edit: It doesn't have to be X meals straight to become a cannibal does it? I have taken a break with normal food as I was low on human at the time.

Edit 2: Does this only work on corpse consumption and not human meals? When I said "human simple meals" I actually meant that. I cooked 'em up first. I didn't think it had to be an raw corpse and that any consumption of human meat raw or cooked would suffice. Guess I was wrong?

Sebastian Cigar

Quote from: Lethe on May 05, 2018, 09:50:33 AM
Huh, how long did it take them to snap? How many days of those were cannibal meals? I have about 60 days on my colony and no one changed yet. I think about 20-30 of those days were on cannibal simple meals. Hmm.
They 'turned' in a matter of game days, one by one. I don't remember for certain but I'm sure it was less than 2 months
Quote from: Lethe on May 05, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
... I'm suspecting this mod is overriding Shrink Corpse Buff mod (which basically means unless you're in the same room as the butcher you won't know someone butchered a human colonywide. You still get I butchered debuff though.)
same here

why though

I also have Psychology, I'll try to get him Desensitized  ;D

Avius

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on May 05, 2018, 01:27:19 PM
why though

Oh .... I've missed that, Ill make some adjustments

Avius

Quote from: Lethe on May 05, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
Edit 2: Does this only work on corpse consumption and not human meals? When I said "human simple meals" I actually meant that. I cooked 'em up first. I didn't think it had to be an raw corpse and that any consumption of human meat raw or cooked would suffice. Guess I was wrong?
It SHOULD work with meals too but I didnt test it.

It can anyway interfere with those mods, try to load bad people last.

Avius

Okay, I've tested it with simple meals. It works.

It's must be other mod.

Avius

UPDATE
- now depraved pawns will loose Kind trait
- slowed down cannibalism progression (gaining trait on average after 12 full meals)

Avius

Also added explanations to progression mechanics
See description for links

Avius

- fixed error when mechanoid kills something

Kori

When pawns got injured or killed by enemy grenade fragments I got a lot of these errors:

Exception ticking Fragment_GrenadeFrag1319473: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at BadPeople.BadPeopleUtility.NotifyPawnKilled (Verse.Pawn,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x0007d>
at BadPeople.HarmonyPatches.Trigger_Kill.Prefix (Verse.Pawn,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x0002d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Kill_Patch4 (object,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x00251>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.CheckForStateChange_Patch1 (object,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x00085>
at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.Hediff,Verse.BodyPartRecord,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>) <0x0007c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.FinalizeAndAddInjury_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Hediff_Injury,Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.DamageWorker/DamageResult&) <0x000ab>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.CheckDuplicateDamageToOuterParts (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn,single,Verse.DamageWorker/DamageResult&) <0x00164>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplySpecialEffectsToPart (Verse.Pawn,single,Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.DamageWorker/DamageResult&) <0x000a9>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplyDamageToPart_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn,Verse.DamageWorker/DamageResult&) <0x0029b>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplyToPawn (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn) <0x0049e>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x000ae>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Thing.TakeDamage_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo) <0x0027b>
at CombatExtended.BulletCE.Impact (Verse.Thing) <0x003d4>
at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.TryCollideWith (Verse.Thing) <0x00676>
at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.CheckCellForCollision (Verse.IntVec3) <0x00690>
at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.CheckForCollisionBetween () <0x00297>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00167>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Lethe

Success! Mod is working as expected for me now. :D I made a new colony and had no intentions of having anyone eat human, but then my animals got hungry, so I was making my herbivores human simple meals to keep them alive. Then of course my pawns decided to eat some... because why would they choose to eat the non-human simple meals? (They clearly all wanted to become cannibals.) Within a few in game days I had several colonists turn cannibal and within two seasons they all turned.

Version 1.1.1

So, whatever mod conflict there might be going on magically resolved itself on a new colony. That's something for anyone else experiencing problems.

I was curious if the frequency of turning into cannibals changes depending on what storyteller or difficulty chosen.

Crow_T

This is an interesting mod for those of us who want less utopia and more grit. Is the depraved trait actually a good thing? What sort of negatives come with it, do relationships with non-depraved pawns get affected?
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Avius

Quote from: Crow_T on June 15, 2018, 09:02:28 PM
This is an interesting mod for those of us who want less utopia and more grit. Is the depraved trait actually a good thing? What sort of negatives come with it, do relationships with non-depraved pawns get affected?

Currently there is no side effects but in future I plan add those, like reducing gaining of good will by "depraved" faction. In general I would like to reduce diplomatic ability of colony depending on percentage of depraved pawns.

Crow_T

Quote from: Avius on June 16, 2018, 12:24:07 PM
Currently there is no side effects but in future I plan add those, like reducing gaining of good will by "depraved" faction. In general I would like to reduce diplomatic ability of colony depending on percentage of depraved pawns.

Cool, that would make sense, eg. if you release a prisoner from your depraved colony they'd still be a bit wary of you
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Avius

- updated to RimWorld Beta 19