Error While Loading Map - Permadeath: 21 YEAR COLONY

Started by SammyBoyC, May 14, 2018, 11:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyBoyC

I am so bummed right now guys...I need someone to pull through here. I have quite a few mods loaded. In order they are: HubsLib, [RF] Basic Bridges [b18], EdB Prepare Carefully, Colonist Bar KF 0.18.0, Psychology, Hospitality, Prisoner Joy, Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, Animal Tab, Quality Builder, Dubs Bad Hygiene - BETA, Stack Merger, Area Rugs B18, Animated Marshes, Quality Surgeon, More Furniture, Follow Me, Just Ignore Me Passing, VGP Vegetable Garden, Nackbald Inc Rimhair, A Dog Said..., Set-Up Camp, No more sleeping Z's, Tale Log [Retold] [A18], Additional Joy Objects.

My colony has been running for 21 years, and I have 10+ days of game play in this single world. I have over 30 colonists alive (38 dead, some in a deep freeze tomb, most in regular sarcophagi). My wild boars are numbered 1200+ when born, but only some 20 or so are still living. None of the original colonists remain, but a handful have been colonists for 20 years.

Everything was running smoothly until I attempted raiding an enemy colony. Initially, the game crashed when my caravan entered it (they had just come from a precious mineral tile, and one colonist remained at that tile while five others went to attack the colony). I reloaded, and was able to enter the enemy colony, but the game again crashed at the next scheduled autosave. I reloaded, changed the autosave interval to 3 days (even though the max is 1 for permadeath games), and was able to set up a small shelter on the edges of the enemy map. I then saved and quit to the main menu so that I would not have to keep setting up shelters every time the game crashed. When I tried to reenter the game, I received the error while loading map message. I have tried every combination of mod loading orders I could.

Please, HELP! All I want is to send my colonists away on the massive ship (32 crytosleep caskets) that is already half built and end the game properly.

I attempted to attach my output log file, but it is 3200 kb above the maximum allowed attachment, so if I need to provide it, I will need help doing so.

SammyBoyC

jchavezriva

You got the same problem as me at almost the same time.

It probably has something to do with the new windows update. Mine is updated but my pc is one big mess, im using a windows 10 version for laptop on a desktop. Do you have some unusual OS setting as well?

Razuhl

Seams the save file is missing world grid specific data. Make a backup of your save file and try this:

Search for
</tileTemperatureDeflate></grid>

Then replace it with

</tileTemperatureDeflate>

<tileRainfallDeflate></tileRainfallDeflate>
<tileSwampinessDeflate></tileSwampinessDeflate>
<tileFeatureDeflate></tileFeatureDeflate>

<tileRoadOriginsDeflate></tileRoadOriginsDeflate>
<tileRoadAdjacencyDeflate></tileRoadAdjacencyDeflate>
<tileRoadDefDeflate></tileRoadDefDeflate>

<tileRiverOriginsDeflate></tileRiverOriginsDeflate>
<tileRiverAdjacencyDeflate></tileRiverAdjacencyDeflate>
<tileRiverDefDeflate></tileRiverDefDeflate>

</grid>

The roads and river sections are necesary to prevent nullpointer but this will not restore the lost data so it remains to be seen if the game loads.

SammyBoyC

Razuhl, I very much appreciate your help and prompt reply.

I replaced the text you suggested, but unfortunately the game did not load. However, I was able to retrieve the debug log in-game after the load failure. I have attached it to this reply. I hope the problem is discernible within it. 

[attachment deleted due to age]

SammyBoyC

Additionally, I receive these messages in the debug log after starting up the game. I know at least some, and maybe all, but at least some of the messages were displayed when the game was running fine before.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Razuhl

The in game debug log is limited in its number of messages shown so the start is cut off. The debug log from the start is fine(for this problem).

With the cut off log there are three messages:

Pawn Blue has relation "ExLover" with null pawn after loading. This means that we forgot to serialize pawns somewhere (e.g. pawns from passing trade ships).
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
RimWorld.Pawn_RelationsTracker:ExposeData()
Verse.PostLoadIniter:DoAllPostLoadInits()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

You either cleaned up world pawns/corpses in an aggressive manner or there is more  data lost(not loaded).

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)

The message above says we reached "FinalizeLoading" so only the tailend of the "LoadGame" method can produce the nullpointer. That leaves a map that is null. Check your save file and search for "<maps>" after that should be "<li>...alot...</li>" entries for every map in your world. Best use an editor that supports folding in xml(notepadd++ for example). Now fold the "<li>" entries that have a lot of lines and see if there are entries with nothing in it or very few lines(lets say 10). Again make a backup and remove the entries that are empty - they might look like "<li/>".

Exception from asynchronous event: System.Reflection.TargetException: Non-static field requires a target
  at System.Reflection.MonoField.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object val, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.FieldInfo.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Profile.MemoryUtility.ClearAllMapsAndWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenScene.<GoToMainMenu>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)

Can be ignored, this is after the fact. The load failed and now the transition back to the main menu failed. This would also happen if a map is null.