[1.3] [KV] Adjustable Trade Ships [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, April 25, 2018, 12:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

This mod allows you to adjust the frequency of trade ships on the fly! Safe for game already in progress.

The 'ships per day' setting is currently not working quite right. Set this value higher than 1 for better chances of seeing more trade ships.

For Randy, he's purely random and the value is the chance something will happen over other things. Default is 1. Setting it to 1000 will cause it to happen a lot more when there is an event.

Thanks to More Trade Ships for the inspiration!

Steam

Direct Download:

B18
B19

Use ModSync RW to know if/when there's an update

GitHub: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-adjustabletradeships

Translators:
XNoNameX - German

Like my mods? Consider supporting me!

BlackSmokeDMax

This is beautiful, thanks!

Always love the adjustable mods!!

Kiame

Update:
Added German translation. Thanks XNoNameX!

Kiame

Update:
Added settings for Ally Interactions once a game is running

Ally Interactions can be visitors, caravans (max of 5 at a time), and passers by.

Kiame

Update:
A positive feedback sound will play when Applying the settings from Mod Options.

zizard

This mod is great. Once you're played the game for a while, you progress more quickly, and the regular timings seem a touch slow. I think I usually reduce trade ship MTB by 2 and ally event settings by 1 each.

Kiame

Syrchalis

I think this isn't working correctly. Currently I get no tradeships at all anymore in my game. In the playthrough before that the mod definitely worked.

Also all options but the global and current game trade ships disappeared (there where other options, I think caravans and so). Might be that a new RW version broke it.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Platonov555

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 01, 2018, 12:24:27 PM
I think this isn't working correctly. Currently I get no tradeships at all anymore in my game. In the playthrough before that the mod definitely worked.

Also all options but the global and current game trade ships disappeared (there where other options, I think caravans and so). Might be that a new RW version broke it.

doesnt work for me either, running .1948. No ships at all, no matter what I set.

Kiame

Kiame

Works fine on my side. As a note, not all story tellers can support this. If there are no options available then this mod will not work for that story teller

Note from the description:
Note: Only story tellers with the Ally Interactions component will have this option. Randy does not have this component and will not have this setting available.

If this is not the case let me know which story teller you're testing on and I'll take another look  :)

Syrchalis

That explains why I don't get other options on randy. However it doesn't explain why I get no trade ships AT ALL with randy. I'll test if I get them with Cassandra, but you should definitely fix that, since Randy is very popular.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

Basically this mod does nothing w/ Randy as there's nothing to modify

Kiame

[1.0] Update:
Added text to explain when a story teller cannot be adjusted in the mod's Options

Syrchalis

I can't say 100% but after changing to Cassandra and average interval to 1 day (yes I pressed apply) I didn't get any trade ships for several days, so I assume it's not working on Cassandra either. Thanks for the hint though, will probably make people wonder less why suddenly some options are gone on Randy =p

Edit: So since you updated EdB Prepare Carefully I can play my other save again. There this mod worked fine. And it still does apparently. Maybe it has something to do with starting a game on randy? I really don't know, it's strange.

Edit 2: I should mention I haven't retried since your update. I will during the next few hours. I see the apply buttons are gone, so you just made the changes apply automatically I assume (since that's how it is with your other mods).