xion1088

I tried the ones you told me before

On 1
Off 0.001
Min Instances 2
Max Instances 2

I changed the instances to 4

DrOzon

Im not getting any ships neither but I do have a bunch of mods, so probably something somewhere is causing a it. Such a pity. I tried to get into the logs but I dont understand shit

Goranchero

Quote from: Kiame on August 24, 2018, 10:39:27 PM
Just tested and it is working on my side (only mod that's enabled)

What values are you using? I used
On 0.001
Off 0.001
Min Instances 100
Max Instances 100

Maxed out to 4 rly quick

Just curious, what values have you tried?

Well this resolved all issues for me, five minutes later I had 5 ships in orbit, 1..2..3..5 because the last two arrived in the same tick. And just a few seconds after the first two left another came and I constantly have 4 in orbit.

Kiame

I do wish the old way was still possible.

I'm brainstorming a better way to convey how to get this to work as On/Off days and Min/Max instances is not intuitive -- hint: I'm exposing the variables in the code itself.

Maybe what I'll do is:

<traders> orbital trade ships every <days>

In the background this would translate to:
On = <days>
Off = 0.001
Min = <traders>
Max = <traders>

Kiame

1.0 Update:
The mod option page will hopefully more user friendly.

Added settings for Randy Random and other 'random' story tellers. Since random story tellers are 'random' the setting allows modifying the 'weight' (chance) an orbital trader will happen when it's time for a new event.

I've added the "Apply" button back - the auto-apply may not have been working as well as i though

For those that have been having problems please try this new version out and let me know if it's any better. (To see if any trade ships are happening try setting it to 100 trade ships every 0.01 days just to see if it's rng not being friendly or if this mod isn't applying)

DrOzon

I get this after changing the settings, not sure why.

Heres the hugslib output if it helps in any way. Sorry for all the trouble.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/0fa1d458c8e9943d171fd1dfe3244f1b

Kiame

Grr here I thought I had covered all the test cases. Had you had this mod previously? If you reload the game does it work then? Which storyteller were you using? Was this an existing save with the old adjustable trade ships?

Just trying to figure out how to reproduce this problrm

Ack i found the problem. Will have it fixed shortly

Kiame

rawrfisher

Quote from: Kiame on August 26, 2018, 10:09:16 PM
Grr here I thought I had covered all the test cases. Had you had this mod previously? If you reload the game does it work then? Which storyteller were you using? Was this an existing save with the old adjustable trade ships?

Sounds like you need an edgecase to test your mods lol
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

Quote from: rawrfisher on August 26, 2018, 10:30:08 PM

It was me adding something at the tail end of my testing which broken that tested edgecase  >:(

I really should add unit tests to my mods at some point

rawrfisher

Quote from: Kiame on August 26, 2018, 10:40:29 PM
Quote from: rawrfisher on August 26, 2018, 10:30:08 PM

It was me adding something at the tail end of my testing which broken that tested edgecase  >:(

I really should add unit tests to my mods at some point
lol that works too
Tho recently I been breaking mods left right and center
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

Maybe you should hire rawrfisher as personal quality control before you release a version ! :-)

xion1088

Kiame for some reason if you try to start a new game with your mod it will crash after you choose your starting colonist(s), right when the map is generating.

Kiame

Hmm that's not good. I did test this before releasing it. To figure out if there's a way to reproduce did you have this mod previously?

Have you tried modifying the mod options? If you go to that screen does it work after that? This could be a problem that I was not able to test (having the old settings and the game trying to parse them which I will look into more/fixing if this is the root problem)