[Mod Request] More World Events (Successor to Recon and Discovery)

Started by TastyCookies, January 07, 2018, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Just so you guys now:
I uploaded a seperate mod with just the additional Events: More World Events - additional events
This mod works as a standalone, so it doesn't need any other Sparkling Worlds mods. However it is incompatible with the SparklingWorlds Full Mod since that one already includes these events.

I also added the Thrumbo sighting event to both the Events and the Full Mod.
This event spawns a site where you'll find a herd of thrumbos (3 to 6 of them), which you can either tame or kill.
There is a chance though that a hostile faction did send a hunting party too and will attack you once they arrive.

I hope you like the new event and I'm still looking for more feedback. Keep it coming. I love every simple story or feedback you guys have to give.

wwWraith

I've found a crashed ship recently. It contained 2 ancient cryptosleep caskets with hostile spacers, 1 infinite chemfuel generator and 8 various guns. At first I thought that it looks a bit boring and not very logical: it would be ridiculous if they dared to fly in space with this ship equipment and cargo. So I was going to suggest you to make several different "classes" of ships (fighter - probably with weapon turrets attached, trader, passenger transport, emergency supplier...) having in mind their reasons, adding more necessary equipment (power generator, lamps, nutrient past dispenser...) and cargo (looking on what vanilla traders bring with them). But then I thought that I can pretend that it was not the whole ship on the map but only its part, while other parts (containing other equipment and cargo) were destroyed or just not found. So it became ok for me :) However that idea may still have some interest for you.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Albion

Yeah. It is intended as being part of the ship with other parts completely destroyed or never found. You might notice the aft section of the ship missing or a destroyed center section.

Regarding the rewards my thought was to reward the player with something interesting but without showering them with stuff. I therefore settled on ancient cryo caskets like in the ancient danger, a stack of advanced weapons, rare items and a bunch of incapacitated refugees.

The layout is a whole problem in itself. Based on the blueprints provided by the game itself it is actually impossible to even transport stuff since you can always only build cryocaskets and that's it. The ship you're leaving your colony with will ever only hold your colonists.
Therefore: how does a trade ship even look like? Is space combat a thing? How do mechanoids travel?

All in all I settled on the current version. Yes there were some cuts made in regards to believability and lore but I think it still creates a randomised and interesting thing to explore and discover for the players.

On the other hand the last words are not yet spoken. I plan on expanding this features and others. One idea is a crashed mechanoid hive ship which is a very large ship with lots of enemies and potential high tech loot inside.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Albion on January 25, 2018, 08:41:16 AM
One idea is a crashed mechanoid hive ship which is a very large ship with lots of enemies and potential high tech loot inside.

RimWorld meets X-Com (please no X-Com2 with countdown timers! >:( )

Albion

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I finally released the new content patch for Sparkling Worlds. Both the Full Mod and the More Events stand-alone.

It includes 3 new events, one of which I already teased in this topic:

• Mechanoid hive ship crash - Like the normal ship crash but with may more mechanoids and more advanced/special loot. Take care, this might be dangerous.
  • Doctor request - Like the peace talk but with doctors. Send a good doctor for a boost of goodwill.
  • Psychic emitter activation - An ancient emitter reactivated and is sending a strong psychic drone. Go out and destroy the emitter or endure the drone until the power runs out.

None of these events where in the previous Recon and Discovery but the hive ship is an extension of the ship crash event and both the doctor request and the psychic emitter are somewhat inspired by the peace talk and the faulty generator event from Recon and Discovery.

I hope you enjoy these new events and please don't hesitate to give me your feedback and suggestions for more.