[B18] Apocalyptic events

Started by TomaszA2, April 27, 2018, 02:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomaszA2

Hey.
This mod will add many(actually: 1 - Heat Apocalypse) apocalyptic events for players who's looking for an insane climatic conditions and extreme danger events.

I will slowly update more events in future.
It's temporally without translating option. (english only)

Yes, that's all.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3a7kzde3llu9sad/Apocalypse.zip

Heat Apocalypse stats:

Global:
Duration time: minimum 15, maximum 35
Base chance: 0.15 (like toxic fallout)
Earliest possible day: 60
Days beetwen next chance for this type of event: 150

Light mode:
Temperature: actual map temperature + 120-320 taken randomly

Medium mode:
Temperature: actual map temperature + 240-480 taken randomly

,,You will die" mode:
Temperature: actual map temperature + 520-940 taken randomly

Debug mode:
Temperature: actual map temperature + 0-2000 taken by user in mod options

Soonest future update info:
- Translating option
- Balance based on feedback
- Maybe new event, Apocalyptic Winter (first two events which im making are temperature events)
- Maybe some colors for event/events

If you have some nice idea for this type of event, tell me.
If you can help me with translations or descriptions, tell me too.

undereastern

How about making that weather of 'Frostpunk' also?

TomaszA2

undereastern
Im not sure that I understand you. Do you mean super cold weather? If yes, it will be added in next update. (,,Apocalyptic Winter" in ,,Soonest update info")

Tomasdav

isn´t it a little too much? I mean I like global events and so but also there must be a way to fight them and no bad luck outside temperature is now 520 degrees you all died

TomaszA2

Tomasdav
That's why it need balancing, and why it have public access debug mode.

Tomasdav

I know but its bad thinking right from the moder more events in game are fine but must be playable so you enjoy it, it has nothing to do with debugging its just bad written since start I think it would be cool if you could make mode that would turn entire planet few digreese down so the biomes change one way or another tho

Dark_Inquisitor

This is pretty cool idea, but the temperatures seems to be too damn high. Maybe create more extreme variants of existing events like Volcanic Winter or Toxic Fallout, or means to live under such extreme conditions.
On the other side, now that i think about it, maybe add an event when a large metorite hits the planet, throws up ash and rises the temperature alot (similiar to volcanic winter). You could scale it up too; larger metorite, larger changes, right?

TomaszA2

Im not good at rimworld, is there someone who like insane challenges? I need some advice/help in balancing. I will change it by myself for now but it'll still be littely unbalanced.
Actually im making it translate'able. Maybe later I'll start working on Apocalyptic Winter.

But still need better descriptions. If someone can send me ,,[description]" for some events, thanks you. (need for heat and winter apocalypse for now)

Tomasdav
It's not for me, it's for peoples who likes extreme dangerous gameplay with many challenges. And in scenario you can disable few events from list, if for example you want to play on ultra heat biome but nothing else, I saw once on reddit person who wants superheat planet mode.

Tomasdav

Quote from: TomaszA2 on April 28, 2018, 01:46:27 PM
Im not good at rimworld, is there someone who like insane challenges? I need some advice/help in balancing. I will change it by myself for now but it'll still be littely unbalanced.
Actually im making it translate'able. Maybe later I'll start working on Apocalyptic Winter.

But still need better descriptions. If someone can send me ,,[description]" for some events, thanks you. (need for heat and winter apocalypse for now)

Tomasdav
It's not for me, it's for peoples who likes extreme dangerous gameplay with many challenges. And in scenario you can disable few events from list, if for example you want to play on ultra heat biome but nothing else, I saw once on reddit person who wants superheat planet mode.
Yeah well your suggested temperatures are just too much basically anyone would die instantly and ignite themselve
Well I was thinking about extreme heat caused by meteorite which slowed down world rotation so overall temperature rise about 15 degrees up.
Volcanic or fallout winter caused by explosion of supervulcano- decrease overall temperature by 15 degrees or more
here are some ideas for next apocalips scenarios
dust explosion- Air is filled with miniature particles not letting colonist breath, killing all plants
acidic rain- Somehow water in stratosphere is turned into mild acid and is slowly detorating walls cables roofs etc.
earthquake-gas leak-deadly cloud of CO released after last earthquake is slowly moving through the land killing everything staying too long
Grasshopers-giant swarn of grasshoppers eating every natural fibers in their way eating all plants and also biofiber wear of your colonists!
Gama Ray- Nearby pulsar hit planet with high energy gama ray, everything is dead(ok this one is not funny or good its apocalypse tho)
Tsunami- Giant asteroid fell into ocean causing giant tsunami waves
green revolution-some kind of organism won in genetic race of arms and is now slowly inhabitating whole planet(would start from one hexagon spreading and turning everything in green goo) only last safe places are desert or arctic areas

Tomasdav

green revolution is my personal favourite because it makes you choose to live either in desert or arctic place and then you might be able to retake better places with flamethrowers or something, also theese plants would produce far more oxygen so risk of fire speed of spreading will increase as the plant spread.

TomaszA2

Tomasdav
Copy, paste, save at desktop as ,,great ideas by tomasdav".
Great ideas, but about temperature events, why shouldn't I do both types of them? (my original idea, and your rotation idea with switch in mod options, defaulty set on your) :)

Green revolution is nice idea to make caravans finally really useful. I really want make this, but im not sure that I can do this. (but I'll try) Im not sure too about this permament temperature effect, doesn't permament event/temperature modiffication blocking all other?

Actually I've got some problem with def translation. It looks good but, it doesn't work. If there is someone who know how to make def to def translation, I'll be grateful for help.

Canute

Hi,
The first events are pretty "harmless" if you don't build an open base/colony.
But could be deadly if they early hit you.

Grasshopers: you know insect's are a great food source, basicly thats a modified alpha beaver event, but instead of tree's they should eat all other green.

Gamma Ray: Only appear when you got a com console, you are geting a subspace warning that the Gamma ray arrives in x days.
Anything that isn't below thick roof will be vaporized, followed by a volcanic winter(ash) event.

Tsunami: hehe, sounds fun when all outdoor tile's turn into shallow/deep water.

green revolution: more or less like Tiberium.

And one new idea:
Sun goes crazy, permament Solar flare with heat wave from the increased solar activity.

RyanRim

+1 to canute's ideas.

I love the project, but looking forward to more events. would be fun to use it with weather modw

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Tomasdav

Well I have theese ideas from a documental series I have seen on TV. Well the green organism would not be directly aggressive against you it just covers everything and is toxic when you eat it. so hydroponics inside or move away. And grasshoppers would eat your appearal when is it organic don´t know wheter there should be option to catch them for food but it seems quite fair since your tribe would be running around naked, hehe lewd.
Also probably one of the hardest event would be global warming, which would somehow raise oceans and make affected factions change their location but thats probably impossible to make