Tale of Honesty's Mountian

Started by sinfulcliche, April 30, 2018, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinfulcliche

Hi everybody! It's my first time posting here and I've gotta say I really love Rimworld. There's something so cute and nice about watching your colonists interact with each other and form relationships :')
I have three colonists and I've gotten so attached to them. I'm playing on an easy difficulty because I'd be so sad if they all died of a nuclear fallout in like 2 seconds.
The story so far is that Emi, Fletcher, and Sage all crash landed on this swampy land. As soon as they all got done vomiting everywhere and wandering around aimlessly as I set things up, Fletcher confessed his love to Emi, which she rudely rejected. I guess Fletcher must have been thinking, "well, we're gonna die anyway, so I'll just say it." Emi is a psychopath so she had no problem telling him no.
Meanwhile, poor Sage is Ugly and Kind. She's a doctor who was a sickly child in her youth, and unfortunately she had to crashland with the two dirtiest people on the rim. Emi is always dragging animal corpses around and Fletcher just casually eats raw everything. She's left to do all the cooking and cleaning, and she has a friendship with Emi, and they have deep talks during their joy time.
Meanwhile during the night the first raider came to assault their little base. He was a shirtless misogynist with a knife and a weird haircut. So I set Emi up with her bolt action rifle and waited. I was getting a bit worried because he was coming dangerously close, and Emi still wasn't shooting. I was about to wake up the other two to help out when I heard a loud BANG. Turns out she waited until he came close and shot him in the brain, instantly killing him. After that I let her butcher the body to make some kibble for the dog. Both Fletcher and Sage have a negative thought from the butchering, so I think they may be a bit afraid of Emi now.
Anyway- I'm really loving how in depth his game is with just about everything. It leaves so much open for storytelling, and that's exactly what I love doing!!! I hope you enjoyed my small story, I may update if Emi does more weird psychotic stuff.

OFWG

Welcome! Your story put a smile on my face, thanks :)
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Tober6fire

Yes it is aways exciting starting a new colony especially since it's your first time playing I hope u countinue the game trust me when I say it will get more hectic then just raiders coming in. I can't really say much about relationships in the game but when u talk about how the pawns interacting kinda also brings a smile on my face when I remember playing this game for the first time and seeing how magical even the smallest thing seemd. Which is probably why I normally don't reach the late game often. Good luck on your colony.
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.