Brace yourselves, Yognau(gh)ts are coming.

Started by Coenmcj, June 18, 2014, 01:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

So sips has finally made that video and now we need to prepare for that hype train. Try not to scare off the newbies too much guys? :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

vagineer1

Quote from: Ramsis on June 18, 2014, 01:11:40 PM
Who now?

A youtuber who is part of a big internet business called the Yogcast and (In my opinion) a dying business (Mainly because of the lack of Shadow of Israphel)
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Coenmcj

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 18, 2014, 01:15:36 PM
Who now?

A youtuber who is part of a big internet business called the Yogcast and (In my opinion) a dying business (Mainly because of the lack of Shadow of Israphel)

Indeed, The network tends to appeal to a younger audience, and the parts of it that don't have become stale and stagnate.  Since it appeals mainly to a younger audience I think it would be best we play nice with the newbies, don't want any flame wars do we.

vagineer1

Quote from: Coenmcj on June 18, 2014, 01:24:41 PM
Who now?

Indeed, The network tends to appeal to a younger audience, and the parts of it that don't have become stale and stagnate.  Since it appeals mainly to a younger audience I think it would be best we play nice with the newbies, don't want any flame wars do we.

Indeed
You see this tank?

Untrustedlife

Who now?

I hope they don't all want the game to become ridiculously easy.. (Like many children these days who havent played anything like dwarf fortress or a true roguelike)

But yes.. we must avoid flame wars at all costs....

Anyone have a newbie extinguisher handy?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

vagineer1

Quote from: Untrustedlife on June 18, 2014, 01:38:57 PM
Who now?

I hope they don't all want the game to become ridiculously easy.. (Like many children these days who havent played anything like dwarf fortress or a true roguelike)

I agree, I do love a challenge though I see no problem with a bit of help. As long as it doesn't turn into: oh the ore is too far away? Just build this convenient ore mining robot for only 10 metal and have it do it for you.
You see this tank?

Untrustedlife

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 18, 2014, 01:41:28 PM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on June 18, 2014, 01:38:57 PM
Who now?

I agree, I do love a challenge though I see no problem with a bit of help. As long as it doesn't turn into: oh the ore is too far away? Just build this convenient ore mining robot for only 10 metal and have it do it for you.

Good point good sir...
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Coenmcj

Darkfirephoenix

It could be worse: Pewdiepie could have made a video about Rimworld (Just joking)

But yeah, I hope that we won't get crazy demands from those new players (but I want this overpowered stuff earlier ingame and that for cheaper!.... etc.)

Newbie extinguisher? Such stuff is normally not needed if both sides are intelligent enough to understand what possible is (we don't want an machine wich produces ALL the stuff right from the beginning and that from thin air) and what an opinion is.... I KNOW that our ppl will be nice to the new players, but WE can't really controll if we get some "kiddies" wich only want/will cause problems if things aren't going the way they want them too. (my take is normally: Fight fire with fire! But that isn't the best idea for ALL cases :P )

vagineer1

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on June 18, 2014, 02:10:42 PM
It could be worse: Pewdiepie could have made a video about Rimworld (Just joking)

But yeah, I hope that we won't get crazy demands from those new players (but I want this overpowered stuff earlier ingame and that for cheaper!.... etc.)

Newbie extinguisher? Such stuff is normally not needed if both sides are intelligent enough to understand what possible is (we don't want an machine wich produces ALL the stuff right from the beginning and that from thin air) and what an opinion is.... I KNOW that our ppl will be nice to the new players, but WE can't really controll if we get some "kiddies" wich only want/will cause problems if things aren't going the way they want them too. (my take is normally: Fight fire with fire! But that isn't the best idea for ALL cases :P )

Why in the sam hell would you fight fire with fire? Use water or some sort of ice.
You see this tank?

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 18, 2014, 02:12:23 PM

Why in the sam hell would you fight fire with fire? Use water or some sort of ice.
In some cases it's more effective if you use fire against fire, if you got a big forest fire wich you can't reach easily for example: You could start an counter fire to "eat" all the fuel for the real fire, so it can't go any further. It's used relatively often and is effective if used right, but if you use it wrong/bad... Then you have 2 fires to take care of! :P

vagineer1

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on June 18, 2014, 02:20:04 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on June 18, 2014, 02:12:23 PM

In some cases it's more effective if you use fire against fire, if you got a big forest fire which you can't reach easily for example: You could start an counter fire to "eat" all the fuel for the real fire, so it can't go any further. It's used relatively often and is effective if used right, but if you use it wrong/bad... Then you have 2 fires to take care of! :P

I know, I remember learning about it in school.
You see this tank?

Tynan

Hey, I'll never complain about the game getting more exposure. But yeah, I'm also limbering up my moderator fingers for the arrival of the people whose subreddit labels them 'dick rippers' :P

I remain,
Tynan Sylvester
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Architect

Is it not a little harsh to just assume they're all going to be asses? I like to think that the majority are nice people and happy to get one with their lives and games, it's just the few who make all the noise we hear about. A level head and an objective view of any situations that may arise is all thats necessary XD. No one argues for something they don't believe, so is it not better to educate them rather than slate them from afar? :P And thats assuming they are going to be as bad as you think they will be, which I have faith they won't. I can only hope it isnt misplaced XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.