Ship and planet name ideas

Started by salt1219, October 29, 2013, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Produno

Talking about jet mechanics, sorry for the off topic..

A couple of the engineers here used to work in the RAF and ive heard a few stories about mechanics being sucked into the jets with not a very pretty outcome :/.

AspenShadow

Quote from: salt1219 on November 03, 2013, 12:06:24 AM
Quote from: Tynan on November 02, 2013, 10:13:27 PM
Salt you're a jet mechanic and you didn't put that in your Pirate background? Dude, one of the default backgrounds is already an illegal shipwright!

I didn't think what i did was that interesting to people. :P

Lol I love you Salt  :P  I really do.

graylobo

Quote from: Tynan on October 29, 2013, 08:24:29 PM
If nobody buys the pledges I'm gonna name the ship Tynan and the planet Sylvester.

So someone better buy them.

I am joking.
LOL I'm loving Sylvester for the planet why not call the ship Tweedy and paint it yellow. now we can say the cat finally caught that annoying tiny bird XD

reeceaclarke

Quote from: Zannick on November 01, 2013, 09:02:25 PM
Given that no one grabbed the ship and planet name tiers, I like the idea to generate them based on initial conditions.

Quote from: Kelfka on October 30, 2013, 11:29:50 PM
Quote from: salt1219 on October 30, 2013, 07:24:02 PM
I still would like the name to foreshadow the crash in some way.  Maybe I should look up the name of Amelia Earhart's plane.

What falls better to the earth than an angel? So how about the HMS Fallen Angel

I disagree with the reasoning here. For a consistent world, the ship probably wouldn't have been named something that foreshadows its demise; how would the namers have known?

Note also that it might not even be a realistically interesting name. Most commercial airlines don't name their planes today (as far as I know) aside from serial numbers and general body type classifications like "737-800".

RMS Titanic Nick named unsinkable and it sinks on first trip