Whole colony went crazy because of dog dead body

Started by Bastobasto, May 03, 2018, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bastobasto

Pretty long ago ( 2 years ? ),my colonist had a dog ( with no name, just tamed him ). He died because the person who was healing him refused and watched the clouds instead. He was still on his sleeping spot, which was at the entrance of the mountain colony. The dog then rotted while I didn't touch him and forgot to autorize the colonists to move him to any stockpile zone. So he stayed here

In general, all my colonist ( in most of my games, still now ) are borderline to having a mental break because I hate building big and comfy room for colonists.

Each time the colonists went into the base, they saw the rotting corpse. It gave them a -7 debuff. They finally all slowly having mental breaks, without me realizing why.

Incidents followed one of the others, adding to the pile. Slowly, more colonists where dying. I finally ended up raided by like 8 raiders while only having 2 colonists. By then, the dog was a skeleton. This was the end of my giant colony. All of that because of a rotten dog body.

I will alway remember this story because it was my dawn into a militaristic capitalistic dictator who make his base have multiple sector for each social classes and knock out his colonists as soon as they have a mental break