The Overlord Joins the Fray

Started by ruddthree, May 04, 2018, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruddthree

[Bennett's Journal, Aprimay 7th, 5001]

Bennett never liked gardening. It was dirty, and usually hot. And the pulling of the weeds...oh, the pulling of the weeds infuriated him. Now, stranded on a supposedly deserted planet, not even the succulent potato plant could keep Bennett's fury at bay. (Bennett hates gardening so much that he now refers to himself in the third person, apparently.)

I once commanded entire armies. Now I am the commanded. And by whom? Who is nagging at the back of my mind? Perhaps I am merely a copy, a clone? That my commandeer has been me all along?

I know this system. This was no accident, that the ship exploded and that the three of us were "lucky" to be alive, but I am simply to play it off as if it were. And if my new "God" is anything to go off of, obtaining suitable living quarters will be a long and arduous task. We've been chipping away at a mountain for days on end, as a part of his plan. "Oh, I'll do what I did sometime ago: convert a small mountain into a base." He says, unbeknownst of the true scope of this task. Or maybe he DOES know? Maybe our minds are connected? I see a woman he calls "Cassandra" in my dreams. Or wait, did I know that already? I can't tell what the commandeer's memories are, and what are mine anymore. Or are they the same thing? I think my brain may melt, if my body doesn't first, in this stifling heat.

[Captain's Log: May 4th, 2018]

He's surviving well. I didn't think the consciousness translation would go so smoothly; most times the copy would end up diverging, want to return to the spectator's bench for a while more. Though, he screams at night about his lack of control: unable to sway minds, plan empires, and see the bigger picture as I can.

I fear his mind is connected to my own. He knows of the system, and its inner workings. He knows the crash was staged, that he was selected for his skills rather than his character, but he has the weight of a thousand doubts on my his, shoulders. In addition, I am occasionally relieved to find myself in my opulent living quarters, like I haven't slept in my own bedroom in weeks.

Randy is flipping his [REDACTED] over the fact that I insisted on Cassandra taking the wheel, and only letting him drive once (which was over a year ago).

Will continue to monitor Bennett (it's strange saying my own name in reference to someone else...). If he dies, I'll reload from a past file. Or I could just terminate the entire program, and start fresh with a new copy. I guess that'll work too, if my heart can take it.

Handinso

This site is a great site with lots of knowledge for me to learn.

ruddthree

This post was 99% fictional, though loosely based on content within the game.

Gemdale

These ideas are considered good for many people.

Adsixnine

DramaticKarma

I very much like the idea and wish I had come up with something so brilliant myself! I'll be watching for more. :)

ruddthree

Quote from: DramaticKarma on June 16, 2018, 12:07:05 PM
I very much like the idea and wish I had come up with something so brilliant myself! I'll be watching for more. :)

I'm at the point where I can start making a ship. Maybe I'll whip something up when it's done.

DramaticKarma