So how is 1.0 coming along?

Started by Sangerwolf, May 06, 2018, 04:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sangerwolf

Just wondering what we can expect in version 1.0 and how its coming along, any eta?
What would you guys like to see? Personally it would be awesome if we had some more long term goals/end game stuff to deal with besides just escaping the planet, some alternate scenarios.

Maverik

Oh please Tynan say something I need a ETA, I check the forums every day looking for the 1.0 pre-release

Nameless

animagus_kitty

Quote from: Nameless on May 06, 2018, 09:44:38 AM
It comes out when it is ready.
Yeah, but...have we had any news since January and the 'million copies sold' announcement? There's 'not ready yet' and then there's 'awkward radio silence'. >_> feel free to point me in the direction of more recent dev blogs/updates.

Mehni

https://rimworlddevtracker.com/

Besides regular banter and frequent signs of life, the latest news on 1.0 was two weeks ago and described as "Development is smooth and steady, as always."

Stuff like that doesn't really warrant a full blog post :P

Canute

And if you want an ETA ?
Take Xmas 2020 ! :-)

Nameless

Quote from: animagus_kitty on May 06, 2018, 11:21:48 AM
Quote from: Nameless on May 06, 2018, 09:44:38 AM
It comes out when it is ready.
Yeah, but...have we had any news since January and the 'million copies sold' announcement? There's 'not ready yet' and then there's 'awkward radio silence'. >_> feel free to point me in the direction of more recent dev blogs/updates.

There was an awkward radio silence from 0.17 release to 0.18.

Game turns out to be even greater than it ever was. You don't need to be impatient about it.

Vietgnome

Do we have an idea if many of the mods will be included in the release version, or are we going to just hope mods don't cause a crash?

Jaxxa

I suspect that with 1.0 being a major release milestone it might take a bit longer than usual.

With 1.0 being the official release that is when people who don't like the bugs and half finished features of early access games will give it another look, not to mention reviews. So it is logical that this will want to be as bug free and polished as possible, so it could take longer than usual.