[B18]RimEconomy v1.4 - specialties and productions

Started by temple_wing, May 06, 2018, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorThomasCao

Very interesting! Will be looking to add this to a new game later on if it keeps getting worked on

MZ

Very sympathetic mod. Unfortunately it stopped working for me. First time I used it, everything was fine, world is full of specialities. Second time, only grass shows up. Third time and after, nothing. :( feels bad man. I do have an ungodly amount of mods loaded up.

temple_wing

Quote from: MZ on June 09, 2018, 05:41:33 PM
Very sympathetic mod. Unfortunately it stopped working for me. First time I used it, everything was fine, world is full of specialities. Second time, only grass shows up. Third time and after, nothing. :( feels bad man. I do have an ungodly amount of mods loaded up.

Is there any exception thrown out? If yes can you post it out?

Just tried it, works fine on my machine. Can you reproduce it (the problem)? If yes, please tell me how?

Most possible ways to cause this problem:
1 Something happened while first time generating specialities. So the mod does not think generating is finished, so next time you load your game, it regenerate. That can cause some wired when second time you load.
2 Some mod changed commonality system. Made grass has a low commonality value and others have high commonality value.
3 Some mod changed world object system. Made only grass visible. Especially if some mod changed world object mat system.

This mod relies on commonality system, if any mod changed that, this mod will produce some wired result. I'll add an option to this mod, to shut down commonality based plant specialty filter. Turn it down will make this mod more compatible to "commonality changing mod"

Please post your mod list.

I posted modified RimEconomy.dll, you can try it. Added the option I just mentioned.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Sixdd

This looks like a great addition, I'll be checking this out on my next playthrough.

MZ

I did some more testing.

Mod doesnt return any exceptions.

I have some mods that influence worldgen, especially adding biomes, resources and expanding faction sizes.

The interesting thing is that the mod works perfectly on 30% size world. In the 100% theres often only one or two specialities scattered around half of the globe.

temple_wing

Quote from: MZ on June 11, 2018, 11:47:12 AM
I did some more testing.

Mod doesnt return any exceptions.

I have some mods that influence worldgen, especially adding biomes, resources and expanding faction sizes.

The interesting thing is that the mod works perfectly on 30% size world. In the 100% theres often only one or two specialities scattered around half of the globe.

Please post your mod list.

Would you please try rimeconomy.dll I posted on #17?

Some mod may have changed biome's animalDensity and plantDensity. In case of that possibility, what about you raise up the speciality chance in mod option?

By the way, 100% map works fine on my machine.

Lurmey

Sorry for necro-ing but is there a chance this mod will be revived for 1.0 or is there a similar mod for 1.0 that I don't know about?