Dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Started by Splinterbee, June 18, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killaim

Fox news network almost 98% stupid things there (not counting some guests)

ApexPredator

I had a snake in high school and my mother put it in my small feeding tank left it outside in the sun all day. When I got home from school I saw the tank out back with a cooked snake in it and was like WTF. When I inquired about said WTF I was met with "I thought snakes like sun". I hold up nuked snake with a "really" face and get "go put it in the shade and see if it comes back to life" as a reply. The moral of the story, I clearly beat the odds making it to adulthood.

Dr. Z

Quote from: ApexPredator on July 29, 2014, 01:01:48 AM
I had a snake in high school and my mother put it in my small feeding tank left it outside in the sun all day. When I got home from school I saw the tank out back with a cooked snake in it and was like WTF. When I inquired about said WTF I was met with "I thought snakes like sun". I hold up nuked snake with a "really" face and get "go put it in the shade and see if it comes back to life" as a reply. The moral of the story, I clearly beat the odds making it to adulthood.

Did the snake survive?
Prasie the Squirrel!

ApexPredator

Quote from: Dr. Z on July 29, 2014, 04:13:13 AM
Quote from: ApexPredator on July 29, 2014, 01:01:48 AM

Did the snake survive?

No it was dead long before I got home.

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

putsam

Dumbest thing ever: First day of middle school and I have a couple friends from elementary. In history/geography (they call it social studies) we have to go to the front of the class and say something about ourselves and I said "Hey I'm B***l and I was born in Canada." Don't get me wrong this is one of the best Middle schools in the greater Houston area (Fort Settlement Middle School), but one of those random Dumb people said, "What state is that in?" Then me, My friend who is a Brit, another friend who is a Aussie, AND my teacher all face palm at the same time while half the class is still waiting for me to answer the question. At that moment me and my friends knew we should have taken Honors History.

Tynan

"The more you plan your game design the better it will turn out."

(paraphrased)

-Tynan Sylvester, ~2001

Ok, not the dumbest I've heard, but it sticks with me for obvious reasons :p
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

longbyte1

Man killed to death... this will be a tough case to solve!

Snownova

Quote from: Tynan on August 12, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
"The more you plan your game design the better it will turn out."

(paraphrased)

-Tynan Sylvester, ~2001

Ok, not the dumbest I've heard, but it sticks with me for obvious reasons :p

Don't I feel stupid now, writing a huge Game Design Document for my current project...

Splinterbee

Quote from: longbyte1 on August 14, 2014, 11:16:12 PM

Man killed to death... this will be a tough case to solve!
Holy cow I laughed so hard when I saw this. Killed to death...
Video games, are pretty good

vagineer1

The dumbest thing I have ever seen (Pardon my language here) is those tossers who spam: Darude - Sandstorm in the comment section of YouTube. I find it utterly stupid and a hell of lot more annoying than the old "Arrow in the Knee" Skit.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Nuggerath

Maybe not dumbest but quite irritating - People use only 10% of brain abilities.

Rahjital

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 15, 2014, 10:16:21 AM
The dumbest thing I have ever seen (Pardon my language here) is those tossers who spam: Darude - Sandstorm in the comment section of YouTube. I find it utterly stupid and a hell of lot more annoying than the old "Arrow in the Knee" Skit.

Don't ever go to Reddit. If you ever ask "What ______ is this?" (replace underscores with anything from music to Australian rodents) you'll get 99 "Darude - Sandstorm" replies and the one person actually replying correctly will be so downvoted you will never see their comment anyway.

Dr. Z

QuoteDarude - Sandstorm

That's maybe a noob question but what the fuck does that mean?
Prasie the Squirrel!

vagineer1

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 15, 2014, 06:51:40 PM
QuoteDarude - Sandstorm

That's maybe a noob question but what the fuck does that mean?

I believe it is the name of a song, then the artist.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.