Dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Started by Splinterbee, June 18, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 16, 2014, 02:51:34 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on August 15, 2014, 06:51:40 PM
QuoteDarude - Sandstorm

That's maybe a noob question but what the fuck does that mean?

I believe it is the name of a song, then the artist.

it's the other way around!
the best use of this 'joke' I've seen was in Darude - Sandstorm video
where someone intentionally asked "What's the song in this video"
But it's mild annoyance for sure =P

Bruvvy

Viceroy

"You can't prove air exists, just like you can't prove god exists, you just have to BELIEVE."
Dog goes moo!

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Snownova on August 15, 2014, 04:39:35 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 12, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
"The more you plan your game design the better it will turn out."

(paraphrased)

-Tynan Sylvester, ~2001

Ok, not the dumbest I've heard, but it sticks with me for obvious reasons :p

Don't I feel stupid now, writing a huge Game Design Document for my current project...

I don't think Ty meant don't design at all, just don't over-think it. The way I see it, the more you design or plan or the less you'll want to deviate from it and while sticking with your plans, sometimes things just don't work as you'd like but after all the work of designing it you'll be more and more hesitant to remove/replace/scrap a feature to go for something that works/fits with your project better.

Some design makes a good outline of course

BetaSpectre

MILLIONS OF BLACKBERRY MESSAGES ON HOLD Outage now impacting users on almost every planet
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Bruvvy

StorymasterQ

Quote from: BetaSpectre on August 25, 2014, 05:36:06 PM
MILLIONS OF BLACKBERRY MESSAGES ON HOLD Outage now impacting users on almost every planet

*Except Pluto because it's not a planet :p
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

BetaSpectre

Who says the planets have to be in our solar system?

The Universe is raging.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Cpt.Fupa

Merry76

Quote from: skyalert32 on September 08, 2014, 07:42:55 AM
Easyly this website http://www.landoverbaptist.org

Thats a parody site. It hardly counts as stupid if its meant as parody. It is pretty silly though.

My vote would be the time I heard about Ken Ham actually trying to "re build" the ark. That in itself is pretty silly, alright. But he tried to do it to proove the story was accurate, which graduates this from silly to outright the dumbest thing I ever heard. Not sure if they are still building it (on dry land, because it would never float without breaking, no less), or if anyone who is building it realizes that it is pretty big, but nowhere near big enough to fit everything into it that was supposed to do so.

So yeah, its borderline fractally stupid.

Splinterbee

Quote from: Merry76 on September 08, 2014, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: skyalert32 on September 08, 2014, 07:42:55 AM
Easyly this website http://www.landoverbaptist.org
Ya I never understood how one boat carried two of each animal on the planet since there are billions of different species. I'm pretty sure half the species would have gone extinct....
Thats a parody site. It hardly counts as stupid if its meant as parody. It is pretty silly though.

My vote would be the time I heard about Ken Ham actually trying to "re build" the ark. That in itself is pretty silly, alright. But he tried to do it to proove the story was accurate, which graduates this from silly to outright the dumbest thing I ever heard. Not sure if they are still building it (on dry land, because it would never float without breaking, no less), or if anyone who is building it realizes that it is pretty big, but nowhere near big enough to fit everything into it that was supposed to do so.

So yeah, its borderline fractally stupid.
Video games, are pretty good

Snownova

Quote from: Merry76 on September 08, 2014, 11:42:39 AM
My vote would be the time I heard about Ken Ham actually trying to "re build" the ark.

Not trying, construction has begun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answers_in_Genesis#Ark_Encounter

Also those fundamentalist idiots managed to finagle millions in tax breaks from the Kentucky government.

Clayton

Religion in general. Between talking snakes, galactic space daddies, "Arks" that are smaller than the Titanic but were supposedly carrying two of every animal in the world...

The list goes on. There's just something about religion that makes me cringe lol.

Splinterbee

Quote from: Clayton on September 09, 2014, 01:39:23 PM
Religion in general. Between talking snakes, galactic space daddies, "Arks" that are smaller than the Titanic but were supposedly carrying two of every animal in the world...

The list goes on. There's just something about religion that makes me cringe lol.
Agreed. Some of the logics is so rediculouse that I can't believe people believe in it.
Video games, are pretty good

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Splinterbee on September 09, 2014, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: Clayton on September 09, 2014, 01:39:23 PM

Agreed. Some of the logics is so rediculouse that I can't believe people believe in it.

Eh. Whatever floats your boat, surely (barely a pun). To me, religion is okay as long as it keeps you from killing each other. In my language, the word "religion" is translated to essentially mean "no chaos". I may not be as religious as my parents want me to be, but by God if I can use my religion to keep chaos out of my life, I shall.

I guess in the end it's not about religion, but morals.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here