Hey does anyone know if the disease predetermines a few days before it pops up?

Started by hopeyeu, May 08, 2018, 02:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopeyeu

Hey does anyone know if the disease predetermines a few days before it pops up?  Cause I am playing on a jungle with second easiest difficulty, have 4 people down with sleeping sickness, then Get the Plague on the other 4 of my colonists.  I say fine, I'll just reload a autosave from a few days back not wanting to deal with this (I am a casual player and have no medicine left, so don't want to deal with the inevitable death caused by these circumstances.).  But then the event happens and the same 4 people on the same day when I have played up till that point.  This is up to the 5 autosave.  Not just one retry 5 or 6, so I have documentation.
dịch vụ giup viec nha uy tín giúp việc nhà chuyên nghiệp

Tober6fire

Yea that means that the event is stuck and usually (in my experience) addictional illness happens if the pawns or other pawns are already sick and if there are heath problems the pawn is dealing with already. I don't know about the disease predeterming It probably has something to do with your storyteller who is he or she. Also you can see my experience of annoying illness on the story form in A Withdrawal story.
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

Mehni

Diseases such as the plague and malaria have an incubation period, where colonists can unknowingly carry the disease without showing symptoms.

saulysw

Reminds me of this scenario I had a little while back : one of my pawns got injured in battle, and they were super useful and I had some Penoxycyline I gave it to him soon after BUT about a minute later he got an infection anyway. Seemed like a bug at the time, but as the wiki says "It does nothing to stop a disease that has started and is already in progress. Since diseases have a hidden latent stage, taking penoxycyline during this stage still results in a full-blown infection. "

Dashthechinchilla

Pluage, flu, malaria, and maybe sleeping sickness have the hidden incubation. That is where penoxocylin comes in.

You can tell the difference between incubation and non when you get the notice. Incubation infection percent (top number ) starts above zero, no incubation starts at zero.

Tober6fire

Huh for me the malaria came in as soon as the withdrawal went to 60% (check stories form to see what I am talking about) and at this stage of withdrawal, because I had no other pawn get a drug addiction before I was constantly checking on his health stats and I saw no warning of a Incubation infection in the health tab. Until the malaria hit and then the events that followed (again see the stories to see what happened)
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.