Re: How to Report a Mod Bug

Started by Seriously Unserious, May 08, 2018, 06:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seriously Unserious

Quote5 - Your Mod List.

The log file will contain your mod list, but if you are using mods from the Steam Workshop then the mod list in the log file will usually only appear as a series of numbers relating to the mod's Workshop ID's. Obviously a list of Workshop ID numbers is nowhere near as helpful as a list of the names of the mods, so please provide a named list of your mods as well (a screenshot(s) of your in-game mod list will usually suffice).

Or if you prefer, or if your mod list is extremely long, you can find a full list of active mods in your odsConfig.xml files located in the Config folder. So you can just attach this file like you did for your log file, and you can find this file in the same place as your Saves folder (see step #6).

This statement is taken from the post in the locked "how to report a mod bug" thread. I tried to use these instructions to get my mods list, but these instructions seem to be wrong. The file I'm supposed to look for does not exist in the folder I'm told it's supposed to be in. The only file I could find with ANY list of mods at all just lists the Steam Workshop numerical codes, which is no different then the info already provided in the basic logs and game files. Obviously the way mods lists are being stored is handled differently from when this these instructions were posted.

Could a mod or admin please update these instructions with the current info?