Colonists continue doing assigned task

Started by Dobbs, June 19, 2014, 05:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobbs

I dislike when I tell a colonist to do something, like build a turret, and they get the metal, drop it on the spot and leave to continue their other tasks.  I want these guys to be less like me and actually follow through on a task until it's done.  Any possibility of this?

Also can we have the ability to tell the colonist to Sleep, Eat or whatever else would help them from going crazy?

ThermalShark

Yeah, it is very annoying when there is a group of 15 raiders preparing, and you want to build some stone walls and a turret before they begin, but it is 2 AM and they just go to sleep after hauling the resources...

Telling someone to eat or sleep would be good too. Sometimes when a good shooter is wounded you want him to recover fast because of the preparing raiders, but you can't tell him to sleep, so you either fight without him and lose other colonists or you fight with him and he gets shot to death.
What happens when Pinocchio says: "My nose will grow now"?

milon

I keep finding lots of great suggestions here that have crossed my mind while playing the game, but I forget about afterwards.

I would also love this. While it's important to set your colonists' orders appropriately, it would also be good to be able to temporarily interrupt those orders to do something else.