v1.0 is there a reason i can make everything but not tuques?

Started by dearmad, June 18, 2018, 03:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dearmad

For some reason my craftperson cannot make tuques, made hats, parkas, shirts, pants, etc...

BlackSmokeDMax

Look in the list of allowed materials. You may have materials that can make those other items, but can't be used to make tuques.

Shurp

Leather tuques aren't allowed, this is the most likely cause.

(Not that this makes any sense... we can't make a raccoon-skin cap to keep warm in the winter?)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Shurp on June 19, 2018, 07:43:16 AM
Leather tuques aren't allowed, this is the most likely cause.

(Not that this makes any sense... we can't make a raccoon-skin cap to keep warm in the winter?)

You could make a hat like that (in theory), it just wouldn't be a tuque. What would be required is to have another type of hat added to the game where leather would be an appropriate choice.

Of course the whole reason this may be the way it is currently, is likely balance. Not being able to suit up completely without having more than one type of resource is probably a good mechanic. To implement this, only tuques are available for winter hats, meaning you have to get either cloth or some type of wool I believe.