can I change the general temperature on a map?

Started by satch4684, May 12, 2018, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satch4684

yea I know it's cheating, but I'm just not going to start yet another game at this point.

I figured to generate a high temp high rain and assumed it would be just like regular rainforest all over the planet, however its over 100 degrees ALL the time.

Tober6fire

Well that's the point of choosing the right tile. If you are looking for casual play. Also rainforests if thick enough trees  can act as a greenhouse trapping the heat (maybe this aplies to the game).
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

satch4684

well i dont know I always choose rainforest, but this time I increased the temp/rain before generating the planet, therefore turning the ENTIRE planet into rainforest.

but it's not like a normal planet's rainforest area, the temp is 120-140 which just seems ridiculous. too much and this is northern part as well

Hououin Kyouma

Well if you really want
you can use the Debug mode
Execute incident and heatwave(hotter) and Coldsnap(Cooler)

Call me Arty

• Find the buildable borders of your map.
  • Place walls as close to this border as is possible.
  • Once map is completely enclose, find the top left of your great wall. Go across five grid tiles and down five. Repeat this for entirety of walled area.
  • I forgot to mention to make the exterior wall double-thick to prevent heat loss, and am too lazy to modify the previous step. Sp,
    do that.
  • Exploit all available resources for construction of campfires, passive coolers, heaters, and A/C units.
  • Put the desired temperature-influencing construct around your enclosed sanctum as desired.
  • Roof it all.
  • Enjoy your extreme desert igloo.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

satch4684

thanks for the replies, no I just recently discovered the debug mode but I don't want to use it, as little as possible anyway. tempting to do a few cold snaps though. special thanks to call me arty lol. i am going to have to do something of that nature i think.

well actually i wound up giving up and deleting the save, I don't feel like building up again so I'll play the game sometime later. kind of ridiculous if you ask me it can get to 140F+ on a non-desert map.

eyal12

Eyal @ הפקות אירועים join the revolution

Foxraed