[1.3] [KV] Change Dresser [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 14, 2018, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwartz

Using a dresser set to accept only 100% durability, good-legendary, marine helmets, marine armor, shield belt,

Rimworld hangs with these settings in conjunction with the Mend & Recycle mod workbench set to mend items that will fit into the dresser. I can either remove the dresser or remove the mending bills. Since I don't know which mod is to blame, or if it's possibly a bad interaction, I'm posting this to both.

Kiame

For the mending bill is the hp range set to less than 100?

Schwartz

I just tried this.

With the change dresser out of range of the mending workbench -> game runs fine for days.
Mending workbench range set to unlimited -> game hangs.

Clearly the mending workbench is trying to access the change dresser and that's when it happens. Even if all the stuff stored in the change dresser is fully repaired, it will still result in a hang.

Schwartz

Another thing I've noticed..

When coloring worn clothes by using the saved palette icons, the dresser will often re-color an additional item that has not been selected. When selecting several items with shift and then clicking a saved palette color, it will often not color all the selected items.

Kiame

Colors are applied by layer. For example coloring a shirt will also color the pants as they're on the same layer.

Schwartz

Makes sense, but what I've seen here is different.

For example, I apply a color from the palette to a marine helmet or a marine armor. I have only the one thing selected, but it also applies the color to a pair of pants (but not the shirt). Shouldn't it by layer logic apply the color to both pants and shirt? And is marine armor even on the same layer as shirt or pants?

Ledaren

Can I update the old version to this in existing saves/ongoing game by cleaning the old mod?(deconstruct items, save, uncheck mod, load and resave)

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue where if there's a Change Dresser on a the primary map and a one or more Change Dressers on a second map, pawns would not be able to find apparel in the second map

Direct Download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/1.0/ChangeDresser.zip

Kiame

Update:
Pawns will now automatically undraft when they leave a map joining a caravan

Dogemon

Hey is there any reason why this mod changes this line on the pawn defs on a save file for androids?

The correct line should be
<crownType>Narrow_Pointy</crownType>
But whenever an android uses the change dresser the line gets changed into a texture file path
It results in the game replacing part of a file path it's trying to search with this file path, resulting in a double and longer texture file path, resulting in an android with no face.

Kiame

Looking through the code I don't see how Change Dresser can be setting this value to be the headGraphicPath's value. The only code that sets these values is

if (value.ToString().ToLower().IndexOf("narrow") >= 0)
{
    dresserDto.Pawn.story.crownType = CrownType.Narrow;
}
else
{
    dresserDto.Pawn.story.crownType = CrownType.Average;
}
typeof(Pawn_StoryTracker).GetField("headGraphicPath", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic).SetValue(dresserDto.Pawn.story, value);

Where value is the headGraphicPath which would be the file path.

Kiame

Update:
Fixing a rare issue where it pawns could become stuck on a map when they're trying to leave it.

Greed_GorAshaar

Can you make your mod compatible with facial stuff?

Falcio

Hi! Thought I could give you an hint on the clothing duplication issue in case you found no other clues.
I noticed it happens, at least to me, when a pawn removes a piece of clothing with the forced tag...and yes, for me, pawns with custom outfits will just randomly take off some clothing after finishing a task and prioritize hauling it back to the dresser, or leave it on the ground if the dresser isn't reachable, even if the force tag is on.
But if I just let them wear the default configurations (Worker, nudist, etc..) they'll do just fine (But wear random clothing depending on the stats.
Also, if I have them use a custom outfit and leave a slot empty, they'll often just go to the dresser and fill it with the best item they can find.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I didn't build the mending attachment, but I have the Mend and Recycle mod installed.