[1.3] [KV] Change Dresser [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 14, 2018, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

Kiame, could you look at the following issues:
1. Body attributes can still not be changed for alien races (age, body type, etc.)
2. The second alien skin color does not work
3. Thoughts about improving the color picker?

I know #2 because my new naga race uses the 2nd color widely and when I change it via change mirror it doesn't seem to save it after exiting the menu. This might be on me though because I mess with color in my code. So I'm not 100% on it, you could look into it though.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

Can u give me a link to ur naga race and I'll take a look. IIRC when I was making the alien race stuff I couldn't find an alien race with two skin colors... It very well could be I'm not setting the right value

Syrchalis

For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

Update:
Adding information icon (i) next to apparel when selecting it

crusader2010

Hello,

Got two questions:

1. How does this mod work with Outfitter?
2. Is there a way to sort apparel by certain stats when designing an outfit? I need a way to choose the best items out of around 50-100, without using a pen and paper or Notepad :) Even then, alphabetical ordering is needed to not get a headache.

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Kiame

Quote from: crusader2010 on October 07, 2018, 11:04:19 AM
Hello,

Got two questions:

1. How does this mod work with Outfitter?
2. Is there a way to sort apparel by certain stats when designing an outfit? I need a way to choose the best items out of around 50-100, without using a pen and paper or Notepad :) Even then, alphabetical ordering is needed to not get a headache.

Thanks!

What kind of apparel filters would be useful? Blunt/Piercing/Heat & Cold/Warmth?

This probably won't work with Outfitter. You can try though. Worst case you'll just have to deconstruct all change dressers then disable this mod. This mod allows for pawn-specific outfits to be created - works will with infused apparel - so Outfitter is not really needed.

crusader2010

Quote from: Kiame on October 07, 2018, 12:20:13 PM
What kind of apparel filters would be useful? Blunt/Piercing/Heat & Cold/Warmth?

This probably won't work with Outfitter. You can try though. Worst case you'll just have to deconstruct all change dressers then disable this mod. This mod allows for pawn-specific outfits to be created - works will with infused apparel - so Outfitter is not really needed.

Well, I would split them into two or more types: soldier, worker, etc.
Dependent on the type, other features of apparel become important.

Generally, it would be nice to sort and filter by: name, layer(s) used by the clothes, quality, current durability, weapon range, weapon damage (+ [number of shots]) , heat insulation, cold insulation, movement speed buff/debuff, mental break threshold, social impact. I think these are always important to see and should cover a great percentage of needs.

Secondly, I would like a separate filter for infused or enchanted items (from Infused or A Rimworld of Magic) and maybe other similar mods, if possible.

For soldiers, we definitely need the armor type protections: heat, blunt, sharp, harmony (this is from a mod I think - A Rimworld of Magic), etc. Then the offensive stats like accuracy, rate of fire, cooldowns, armor penetration, stopping power (this is modded in my game), aiming time, etc.

For workers, the other types of stats become important, like: mining speed, global work speed, global learning factor, research speed, plant work speed, tame animal chance, negotiation ability, toxic sensitivity, etc. I'm not sure which are vanilla and which are from Infused, but I never play without that mod  ;D  Some stats could come from "A Rimworld of magic" too but might not be shown on the apparel piece (i.e. after enchanting something with gems).

Lastly, it very much depends on how easy it is to see all of this information for each pawn, i.e. showing how the pawn's stats change when you add/remove a piece of apparel would be really cool, as well as their current job priorities (or at least those that have the highest priority - it's gonna get complicated when not using manual priorities though).

Also, the most important thing for me is to be able to do multiple sorting and/or filtering (i.e. for more than one stat at the same time).

PS: I know I'm asking for a lot and maybe for impossible stuff, but this is just what perfection would look like for me :) It's not my intention to offend nor undermine your work!

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Griphaha

Wall lights has code they makes the lights need a wall to be placed.  I used the .dll to make the mirror need the wall but he has MOD options attached to the .dll.  I was curious if you could implement that code.

Kiame

I'm split whether 'requiring' a wall is needed for mirrors. The mirror can either be a standing mirror or wall mirror

Amnesiac

I'm getting duplicate clothing every so often, still not sure exactly what's causing it, and I don't notice until I load a save and get these

https://i.imgur.com/Lr8CFGA.png
https://git.io/fxZFr

It seems that the clothing items are all tied to a custom outfit when it does happen. I checked my save file for the ID and it's always a custom outfit that has all the duplicates in it

<name>Gourmet S</name>
                           <type>Civilian</type>
                           <isBeingWorn>True</isBeingWorn>
                           <uniqueId>c67</uniqueId>
                           <outfit>Outfit_Summer5</outfit>
                           <apparel>
                              <li>Thing_Apparel_CollarShirt2032</li>
                              <li>Thing_Apparel_CowboyHat170581</li>
                              <li>Thing_Apparel_Pants432363</li>
                              <li>Thing_Apparel_Duster541009</li>
                           </apparel>
It's happened 3 times in the past few days, not sure if anyone else is getting this.
Edit: I've deleted the custom outfits that were having the issue, I'll let you know if it happens again!

Kiame

eww ok. I'll add this to my list of things to investigate  :)

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue where when the game saved, if the dresser was emptied (tons of apparel in a single stack) when the game loaded, all the apparel would be spread around the dresser and destroy anything the items landed on. Now when a game is saved, all apparel piled in front of all dressers are collected.

Kiame

Update:
Fixed and issue that was causing the Mod Options from closing if no game had started. Sorry about that!

Kiame

I've been trying my best to get into a state where apparel is being duplicated with custom outfits but to this point I have not been able to get any duplicated. If anyone who's having the issue can find a series of steps to cause the issue I'd appreciate it.

Kiame

Update:
Added a Filter on the Custom Outfit window to help find specific apparel.

This is a first iteration. I'll look at expanding on the filter options going forward.