[1.3] [KV] Change Dresser [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 14, 2018, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Quaaaid

The b18 link goes to 1.0 version of the mod, can I just change the about.xml to say b18, or has the wrong version been uploaded? Thanks :)

Kiame

Looked at the links and they're correct.

You do need to use the correct version of the mod, it's not possible to use newer versions on older releases

Quaaaid

I tried downloading it a few times, they come up red in game and in the about.xml it says version 1.0.0, the link I clicked does direct to the correct place on your github,  but inside it's
as I said above :(

Canute

Kiame,
he is right The B18 link give you an archive with the 1.0 release, or at last the about show it.

Kiame

Yeah i just got on my computer - was on my cell previously - and it is indeed 1.0.0... This could be me getting versions screwed up when the 1.0/B19 change was happening. You could try loading the B18-beta version of change dresser and change 1.0.0 to 0.18.0 and see if it works. IIRC there was a case where I had to fix a bug in B18 after i was already getting ready for 1.0/B19 and I very well could have forgotten to change the About.xml back to B18.

There is also the older B18 version here: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/A18/ChangeDresser.zip
This still works but uses older means to assign apparel. This is not save-game compatible with the B18-beta version that has the bad version.

Epson

First, fantastic mod.

Two questions questions:

Is it possible to have independently coloured outfits? For example, blue casual wear and black armor? Both the duster and marine armor are the 'shell' layer.  I'm on the B19 version.

Is there a way to have haulers who merge stacks ignore the dresser? My haulers are currently moving stuff from the dresser into my normal stockpile zones are part of their 'merge stacks' work type due to the dresser having a lower priority.

Kiame

Currently there is not a way to have colors per outfit.

Dressers act like any other stockpile, there is not a way to have them act differently

Epson

Quote from: Kiame on October 21, 2018, 01:18:28 PM
Currently there is not a way to have colors per outfit.

Dressers act like any other stockpile, there is not a way to have them act differently

Thanks. An update to this. As a workaround I've set the dresser to critical priority and only allowed the items in the outfit. When pawns change outfits any items that the Dresser is not allowed to accept are destroyed. I guess they try to go to the dresser and the dresser rejects the item?

It doesn't happen often but when it happens its usually with a new pricey piece of equipment that some brand new idiot colonist tries to wear and I don't realise. Is this avoidable?

Again, I'm using B19 so apologies if it's been corrected.

Kiame

Do you have more than one dresser?
How it should work:
1 pawn changes
2 apparel looks at each dresser in priority order. If the apparel can go in a dresser it will be placed there.
3 if no dresser can be found the apparel will be placed on the ground next to the pawn.

This same logic applies to all apparel being put into dressers

Epson

I only have a single dresser.

it happens both when drafting and using the bottons. Nothing drops on the floor and it doesn't exist on the map anymore either. Dragging Dresser to the top (below Hugs) doesn't solve this either.

How can I help work out what the problem is?

vandal

Hi are beards added by facial stuff able to be changed with the dresser i see hair but not beards as an option. it was recently updated

Kiame

Kiame

Update:
Fixing a bug where apparel would disappear if no dresser could store it when pawns were changing outfits.

Epson

Quote from: Kiame on October 22, 2018, 12:27:49 PM
Update:
Fixing a bug where apparel would disappear if no dresser could store it when pawns were changing outfits.

Thanks Kiame

Just a heads up that the github version of Mend & Recycle https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22894.0 is causing the Dresser mod to throw out patching errors but the steam version of Mend & Recycle works no bother.

Quote from: vandal on October 22, 2018, 11:08:54 AM
Hi are beards added by facial stuff able to be changed with the dresser i see hair but not beards as an option. it was recently updated

If you really have to have beards with the dresser try using mods like Spoon's Hair Mod.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725447220
The beards aren't separate but are part of the actual hairstyle. If you're feeling really spicy you could create your own just by combining the facial stuff with vanilla/modded hair textures. It's dead simple. I've done a workable few just using paint.