"Challenge Accepted!" Mod Beta Testing

Started by undera4, May 17, 2018, 05:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undera4

Mod adds challenge concept to the RimWorld game.

Get it on Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1382592596

Direct download: https://github.com/undera/rimchallenge/releases/download/0.1/rimchallenge-0.1.zip

Challenge is a condition in game that you have to complete. Like "Kill 100 animals" or "Create a masterpiece sculpture". Challenges are meant to be not easy, and you are rewarded for completing them.

Completed challenges are remembered by game and not available for choice in any storyline. You can reset completed challenges back via mod settings menu.

Incoming Challenge Message

If you don't have active challenge, you may receive incoming radio message from one of the factions around. You can accept or reject it.

Challenge Bringer

Each traveler group that passes by will have a person with asterisk pulsing, which is a challenge giver sign. Talk to challenge giver if you want to change your current challenge.

Help Improving

It is under development for now, so has just few challenges to play with. I collect all challenge ideas for potential implemeting here. Bring your feedback about challenge/reward balance to me, it will help improving the mod.

Tomasdav

since you put it here may you add not steam version download aswell? Also is somewhere available list of current challenges?

undera4

Chaos17

I really like the idea but that would be cool if you made an editor so you won't have to implement all ideas that people may suggest you, just let them do it themself  8)
Personaly, I think I would use your mod to make quests that I will share with others on steam lol

Call me Arty

I like the idea! Lot less time sensitive than the current quests. I'll give it a try once it's got more progress completed.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

undera4

The problem of making "universal challenge editor" is that there is a lot of custom programming involved into making each challenge. It is not trivial to implement these challenges, all trivial things are already covered by quests and scenarios. The idea of my mod is to make slightly more complex challenges. Like the recent one "Own a zoo". I can't imagine editor allowing that, or at least that editor is MonoDevelop  ;).

Quote from: Chaos17 on May 21, 2018, 12:06:18 PM
I really like the idea but that would be cool if you made an editor so you won't have to implement all ideas that people may suggest you, just let them do it themself  8)
Personaly, I think I would use your mod to make quests that I will share with others on steam lol

henk

I would love challenges to be added to the Tech Advancing mod, so that advancing an era isn't automatic, but requires a tech-level-appropriate challenge to complete.