[Mod Request] Forbid Visitor Zone

Started by Vivalas, May 19, 2018, 09:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivalas

Hey there. I'm using a lot of mods to try to deal with this problem: visitors stepping on traps. Locks, trading spot, etc.

It helps somewhat and keeps the traders out of my minefields, but there are still some areas that the traders path through that contain deadfall traps. This is pretty damn annoying, especially when the visiting faction gets angry at me when they're the ones being stupid.

Instead of fiddling with locks and building external trade depots to keep traders away from my deathzones, it would be pretty damn convenient if you could just designate a zone traders aren't able to enter. I think hospitality already does this somewhat, but that only works with visitors.

Riddle78

With Hospitality,you can define a zone where Guests may be in. Barring very exceptional circumstances,they won't leave it,until it's time to leave. Also,I've noticed that,if given two distinct routes,they'll take the one with less traps. However,this only works for Visitors,not Trade Caravans; Hospitality has no way of controlling those loons.

Canute

And another mod Trading spot, set where the caravan will park.

But both only solf the half problem.
If you notice, at first the caravan/guest will move to their flag, and then to the trading spot or restricted zone.
But they still don't avoid special zones and can path through potential dangerous zones.

But honestly i never got any problem with caravan's or gues pathing through my trap's.
Maybe because i allways use chessboard pattern so my own pawn's can path through too.

Vivalas

The thing is, I really don't have dense trap placement. Most of my traps are deadfall traps in areas of cover outside my base. It's not that there aren't alternate routes, it's that the traders just don't seem to give a damn.