Previous topic - Next topic

MrSlyFoxJr

THE OLD WORLD
an Android Tiers Add-On
v2_7.6.7.18

This mod is a child mod of Android Tiers and REQUIRES the Core mod below:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386412863

Description:

"The Old World" is an Android Tiers Add-on mod that aims to build and gather all steampunk themed elements into one ambitious mod. This mod REQUIRES the Android Tiers as a dependency, so go download that first!
The Current Dev Path:

• Androids! Initial Release
  • Flintlock Weaponry!
  • Early-mid game Power Generation!
  • Steam-powered machines!

This Issue:

The Flintlock Update!
Charge in some gunpowder and load that musket ball, the flintlock weapons are here!

That's right! not only does this convert your androids to clockwork tech but it also now includes it's own set of weaponry, allowing for cheap early game firearms!
More weapons to come!
(Accuracy penalties and OP balancing tweaks apply)

NOW WITH EVEN MORE STUFF
Bolt-Pull and other Mechanism weapons have now been added including a Clockwork grenade, and a Steam Thrower!

DON'T DO (robo)DRUGS, KIDS!
Now patched for the May28th update of Android Tiers!.
Also tweaked some values and added research requirements for ALL THE GUNS.
Drinking the anti-freeze as a human won't make you nevah friiz

Hold the lines!

Did some pesky disease spread through your fleshy colonists? FEAR NOT! Man the turrets with the new Mounted Steam-thrower!!!

Conquer your enemies with Colonists better than those fleshy beings!

Look at that! Even the M.U.F.F. Units have been modified to be terrifyingly efficient.

Annihilate ANYONE who stands in your way

Installation

Download Android Tiers first before anything!!!
As an Add-On, this WILL NOT WORK without the core mod.
I cannot stress this enough.

From there you can:
Merge the two "Colonist Uplink" Folders by:
  - Extracting the "Colonist Uplink" folder of the .zip file to your mods folder
  - Click "Replace Files" when prompted

- Talk about the future of androids with colonists

Download
Get The Core-Mod "Android Tiers" Here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uqwRyd0YRwzJi7pp9AvcAAm-Uk99wlAp

Get the Add-on "The Old World" Here:
v2_7.6.7.18

The Team:
Like the mod? or the textures?
If you want to buy us coffee, please do so in order for us to
overdose on caffeine and make more stuff like this! :D

A t l a s - Main Mod Boi
https://ko-fi.com/S6S3CZG9
MrSlyFoxJr - Add-on/Texture boi
https://ko-fi.com/T6T8DYGV

Changelog
v2_7.6.7.18 - Added a mountable Turret. Buffed the Construct Cannon and Handheld Steamthrower. Further rebalanced other weapon values
v2_6.5.29.18 - Updated to the May28th update of Android Tiers. Tweaked weapon values even further. Added research requirements
v2_4.5.27.18 - Hotfixed a missing texture
v2_3.5.27.18 - Added Bolt-pull and Mech Weapons. Tweaked values of all weapons
v2_2.5.27.18 - Re-added android retextures
v2_1.5.27.18 - Fixed a small bug with the blunderbuss
v2_0.5.27.18 - Matchlock and Flintlock weaponry added
v1_0.5.25.18 - Initial Release, Texture Overhaul

Legal Stuff:
© MrSlyFoxJr and ©Atlas This mod is the sole property of the Mod authors (MrSlyFoxJr and Atlas, henceforth "Owners" or "The Owners"). By default it may only be distributed on websites and forums officially authored by the Owners. They may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owners. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mods are strictly forbidden without advance written permission.
This mod isn't open source.
Look at that, the androids are taking over

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41568.0

Canute

Hi MrSlyFoxJr,
thanks for sharing the mod with us.
But did you notice that the Core mod is steam-only ? Basicly there is no need to put the addon on the forum too.

Yes i saw he made a direct link too, maybe you can ask the author to use it for your forum post too.

Umbreon117

Neat, never heard of these mods before...Will be using them in my next playthrough.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

MrSlyFoxJr

Quote from: Canute on May 25, 2018, 03:56:41 AM
Hi MrSlyFoxJr,
thanks for sharing the mod with us.
But did you notice that the Core mod is steam-only ? Basicly there is no need to put the addon on the forum too.

Yes i saw he made a direct link too, maybe you can ask the author to use it for your forum post too.

Noted, am changing the link in the downloads section of the page :)

MrSlyFoxJr

Call me Arty

As neat as this looks, I'd hold off on developing for now an maybe focus on doing some patches to other mods coming out. Not to rain on your parade, but Steam World is going down a similar path, intended as a partner mod to the Rimworld Westernization Project which also adds muskets. Additionally, one of the current modding king-pins: Jecrell, is also working on something similar (he doesn't have a dedicated Discord server for it yet, for whatever reason, so you might have to scroll around some vampire stuff if you're not checking that link as I post it) in regards to brass, copper, and steam power.

Again, I love that perhaps my favorite game has such a creative and interesting modding community, but it would be a shame to see you put the work in to a project that might end-up overshadowed by some bigger stuff that's already out there, unless you have something real interesting to add, it'd be like releasing another "modern weapon pack".
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

MrSlyFoxJr

Quote from: Call me Arty on May 28, 2018, 04:01:11 AM
As neat as this looks, I'd hold off on developing for now an maybe focus on doing some patches to other mods coming out. Not to rain on your parade, but Steam World is going down a similar path, intended as a partner mod to the Rimworld Westernization Project which also adds muskets. Additionally, one of the current modding king-pins: Jecrell, is also working on something similar (he doesn't have a dedicated Discord server for it yet, for whatever reason, so you might have to scroll around some vampire stuff if you're not checking that link as I post it) in regards to brass, copper, and steam power.

Again, I love that perhaps my favorite game has such a creative and interesting modding community, but it would be a shame to see you put the work in to a project that might end-up overshadowed by some bigger stuff that's already out there, unless you have something real interesting to add, it'd be like releasing another "modern weapon pack".

Ah I understand. Thank you!
I was not even aware of those mods till now O:

Regardless, I will still be continuing this mod add-on since the main purpose of this was to be an addon to Android tiers not as a mere "Weapon-Pack" but to perhaps enhance the experiences of the users of the core mod

Even if I do get overshadowed, it's ok :D It'll help me exercise all the practice i need for when I decide on releasing another mod perhaps.

Following that, I am currently in the progress of studying and implementing independent power sources as well as unique cables/pipes for this add-on. :))))

Canute

Quote- Click "Replace Files" when prompted

Can't you made your mod as seperated mod, and use patching methode's.
The overwriting methode isn't very compactible.
When the author of the core mod did some update's it will overwrite your files. Not to speak about the Workshop updater which maybe think the mod files are corrupt and replace them every start.

MrSlyFoxJr

Quote from: Canute on May 28, 2018, 05:02:26 AM
Quote- Click "Replace Files" when prompted

Can't you made your mod as seperated mod, and use patching methode's.
The overwriting methode isn't very compactible.
When the author of the core mod did some update's it will overwrite your files. Not to speak about the Workshop updater which maybe think the mod files are corrupt and replace them every start.

Ah of course! I'll be looking into that soon as I progress with the mod.
I just got into Rimworld modding and am currently still on the learning side.

As for Android tiers updating, there shouldnt be a problem as to updating as this add-on only replaces the coremod's Textures while adding separate Save-friendly additions in. Since this add-on does not replace any essential code in Atlas's Android tiers, it should be easy to be cleanly updated over.

Standalone and Compatibility will for sure be one of the first things I'll look into as, like I said, I'm still learning about it! :D

FlameBlood

Pfff, don't mind about other "western" mods, your is already different enough. Just keep it up and add more crazy steam-engine Tesla-stuff.
It could even end up as an beautiful addition for "Rim of Madness" mods, with their 1930-ish theme (just thoughts).

Call me Arty

Quote from: MrSlyFoxJr on May 28, 2018, 04:17:07 AM
Regardless, I will still be continuing this mod add-on since the main purpose of this was to be an addon to Android tiers not as a mere "Weapon-Pack" but to perhaps enhance the experiences of the users of the core mod

I would like to apologize because that seems like a really dickish way for me to phrase that. I didn't want to try to call your mod lazy or generic or anything, I was just trying to imply that it would take some effort to make a Rimsenal to the existing RT's Weapon Mod, y'know? Adding around nineteen kinds of assault rifle alone is no small feat. but it doesn't stand from the crowd when they're still just "rifles" that fire fairly quickly with medium to high damage. Jec's got a whole system to go with his stuff (seen here) that's really in-depth and interesting, it's more than an existing wood/chemfuel generator "except it takes coal instead" - which I'm not implying your mod will be.

If you've got some neat ideas and know-how, I support you 100%. I never declared it anywhere on the forum, but the increase in quality from the [urlhttps://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37908.0]Lighter Than Fast[/url] mod made me eat my words, thinking it wasn't going to amount to much at all. Sure, it's still rough around the edges, but it's accomplished a lot more than others in its field. I wish you the best in making a great mod!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Lucky_D20

Dude. Your textures are legit. I was thinking of doing something similar with the android mod. but i'm only good at copying and pasting xml. I would love to see CE support added to it. Either way, it's a cool.

MrSlyFoxJr

BetaSpectre

TBH I was hoping this would add wandering old west robot faction bases/spawns. Or be seperate like more options. But looks awesome.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.