An apparent leak reveals that Fallout: 76 is an online survival RPG.

Started by Call me Arty, May 30, 2018, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Kirby23590

I kinda wish it was actually fallout 5 or a fallout 3 HD remaster.

But a MMO multiplayer survival would do, but i ain't buying it since i kinda prefer single player mods and the role playing experiences in the past fallout games. I don't know how would they do it though or if there would be clan wars or combat would be like in escape from tarkov or in rust only with people clad in power armor or with energy weapons.

I would like to see like players being paragons & heroes of the wastes or just raiders who just like to ruin your day, something like in Day Z with bandits who are players who just loot everything from newbies and such and others who help others player to protect them from zombies including bandits. When it was still a Arma mod in it's days.

I don't know what the story would be like either too, i don't know if quests would be like or something or if Fallout 4's settlement system would return but also functioning as the builder's base. I don't know but since i'm a former fallout fan & i don't got any clue how that would work.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Call me Arty

Personally, I've wanted a multiplayer Fallout game in the same way that Farcry is multiplayer. Drop a companion, bring in a human. An MMO though? Not even an MMO, but anywhere upwards of, like, eight people? I can already foresee myself going out into the Wasteland for materials, just to run into a bunch of jackasses sitting on the roof of Ye Old Aluminum Screw and Wonderglue Depot with maxed-out rifles, waiting for the unprepared.
That, and what happened to Fallout 4. It was a decent game, but was more of an excellent shooting gallery than a decent Fallout game. Then, there's everything after release. There's nothing sweeter than paying money for the privilege of having access to concrete walls and some signs. That kind of stuff was half the releases. The other half was alright story content that, truthfully, didn't add much. If anything, they took creatures that should've been in the base game and put them in a couple pretty cool locations without half the quest you'd expect from a similiar DLC for Fallout 3 or especially New Vegas. After all of that, though, then we have the creation club.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $     $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $This includes: 2 Armor sets taken from other Bethesda titles, 2 Armor sets featured prominently in previous Fallout games that were not in Fallout 4, 12 different breeds(all sold seperately), 12 Pip-boy customizations, 6 power armor paint jobs, 11 gun and armor paint jobs that are all existing paint jobs for armor in the base game, and finally, amongst other things, 2 guns from previous titles that didn't make it into fallout. . . except for money.
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $     $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
And boy, if they were willing to add that much cosmetic shit to a singleplayer game, can't wait to see what they have in FO 76, if it's anywhere close to the "Rust, by Bethesda" I expect from them.

I want to be wrong, I really do.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Kirby23590

Quote from: Call me Arty on May 30, 2018, 08:56:35 PM
Personally, I've wanted a multiplayer Fallout game in the same way that Farcry is multiplayer. Drop a companion, bring in a human. An MMO though? Not even an MMO, but anywhere upwards of, like, eight people? I can already foresee myself going out into the Wasteland for materials, just to run into a bunch of jackasses sitting on the roof of Ye Old Aluminum Screw and Wonderglue Depot with maxed-out rifles, waiting for the unprepared.
That is something i would not want, actually that kind of scares me and makes me think those griefers are a bunch no-good well doers and such.
There would be someway if Bethesda or ZeniMax Online Studios would do to counter this.

Maybe zones where players can't kill each other or NPCs in the area. Or maybe GTA5's way of these type of players by adding wanted or bounty system where they are marked in the map and players around will start tracking and trying to kill them and ti gives you tons of bottlecaps or a reward for killing the killers. Or GTA5's passive mode where they can't kill or be killed something that.

That, and what happened to Fallout 4. It was a decent game, but was more of an excellent shooting gallery than a decent Fallout game.
I heavily agree in this one. Even i didn't played but watched FO4 in Youtube was something of disappointment when it comes to choices and kill em all runs and pacifist runs. FO3 did the same but in some parts like in paradise falls you don't need to kill all the slavers there for some kids but atleast can do a few alternatives ways to free the kids even though it's tough.

New vegas would take the cake here for being a RPG with some good characters. I was very disappointed that the reputation system didn't return in FO4 but wasn't Fallout about choices and consequences? A huge shame when it come's to FO4's ending compared to NV where it shows all the actions you did both small and big even the very small ones like the misfits and goodsprings if you wiped goodsprings out by helping the power gangers and the misfits if you just do the drugs or hack the computer to lie about their records. I don't even know what happened to the companions in FO4 after the main game or the minor factions. In terms of story and being a fallout game it was huge letdown for me since playing FO3 my first fallout game then NV and jumping to FO1&2.
Then, there's everything after release. There's nothing sweeter than paying money for the privilege of having access to concrete walls and some signs. That kind of stuff was half the releases. The other half was alright story content that, truthfully, didn't add much. If anything, they took creatures that should've been in the base game and put them in a couple pretty cool locations without half the quest you'd expect from a similiar DLC for Fallout 3 or especially New Vegas.
I really didn't like where Bethesda wen't one with wasteland workshops. Even looking at their store pages their reviews aren't that great. TBH they could have been free at the start, and would had generated good will for Bethesda but nope $4.99 each for em. The big packages like automaton and far harbor including nuka world would have been the real big boys and packages that costs real money while the workshop content would have been free updates. it's a win win for everyone and most people would have been fine.

Compared to the other DLC of FO3 & NV theres no Broken steel or a episodic type story here. I really enjoyed playing around in NV's DLCs and FO3's as well. With Old world blues in NV and The Pitt for FO3 being my favorites. The only one DLC of FO4 that stands out is Far Harbor since it add the grey and black morality similar to new vegas where no faction is good or wrong.
After all of that, though, then we have the creation club.
They really flopped with this one. A little of it is good but i can't buy the anti-materiel rifle from NV since it's that underpowered compared to it's original counterpart in NV. Just watching a raider take 6 shots rather than a deathclaw is something else and being worse than a hunting rifle using .50 rounds because of it's poor DPS. Besides the free version of some of the mods did better like the Chinese stealth armor in Nexus mods having more customization options compared to the Creation club's and the hellfire power armor in Nexus mods also having even more customization options too and they are both free and also being better! Shouldn't it be reserved or its the paid mods in skyrim over again.
This includes: 2 Armor sets taken from other Bethesda titles, 2 Armor sets featured prominently in previous Fallout games that were not in Fallout 4, 2 guns from previous titles that didn't make it into fallout.
To be honest i don't like the weapons and some parts of FO4. I'm okay with cats as long if they stay inside vaults but it's the other parts that are really missing from other fallouts from 3 and NV even from 1 and 2. Things like the gallows humor of fallout and weapons from older games like the Hunting revolver and the Laser RCW in NV And FO3 with the Chinese assault rifle and infiltrator even the CAR is hidden in FO4's files with the model untextured! And the FN FAL and Gauss pistol from FO2 and the FO1's turbo plasma rifle and plasma pistol heck the plasma pistol from FO1 and 2 returned in NV as the Plasma defender. Removing the player's choice and dumbing down of the dialogue and talking protagonist isn't really that good at all and most Perks not being interesting at all or even removing skills and tag to unlock doors or be better at using explosives or energy weapons or talking your way at bribing and lying.

The parts that bug me the most is the Enclave power armor having up to mark VI variants. There's a huge plot hole there if the enclave in FO2 didn't all suit up for Mark VI all of them in the oil rig. And the deathclaw chameleons? i was expecting them to use the stealth boy ability like the nightkin did in FO1 and NV but... Rainbows deathclaws WTHBBQ? I'm not scared of that it's really stupid and i'm more scared of cazadors in NV and deathclaws using stealth boys not high level Bloodbugs that alot of bullets and rainbow deathclaws that make me cringe and cry out laughing by making me look at them, thank you very much!
I want to be wrong, I really do.
I want to be wrong too. I think was very negative when speaking about FO4. I just have bad blood with the game even not playing it or by hearing it's title. I don't know maybe i looked at FO4 very harshly looking at it's story rather than gameplay but still. If i want to play a good FPS shooting gallery i might as well play Call of duty or Borderlands instead or any other FPS shooters...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.