[B18] Rimworld Westernization Project (06/13/2018)

Started by Tamias, May 25, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamias

Overview
Howdy partner! The Rimworld Westernization Project (RWP) is a mod designed to bring a historically accurate taste of the American Old West to the denizens of Rimworld. The mod currently adds:

(Weapons marked with an asterisk have bayoneted variants.)

Muskets
- Springfield Model 1822*

Revolvers
- Colt Single Action Army
- Colt Buntline Special
- Colt Frontier Six-Shooter
- Colt Model 1871-72 Open Top
- Colt M1878 Revolver

Rifles
- Colt Revolving Rifle
- Henry Rifle
- Winchester Model 1873
- Winchester Model 1886
- Marlin Model 1894
- Sharps Model 1863 Carbine
- Sharps Model 1874

Shotguns
- Coach Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Three Crown Coach Gun

Melee Weapons
- Bowie Knife
- Model 1840 Heavy Cavalry Saber
- Model 1860 Light Cavalry Saber

Heavy Weaponry
- Model 1881 Gatling Gun

Artillery
- 12 Pounder Napoleon Cannon
- 12 Pound Coehorn Mortar

Apparel
- 30+ articles of western/19th century clothing, including hats, pants, coats, vests, and accessories.

Factions
- Wild West bandits
- U.S. Marshals
- Frontier Towns

Scenarios
- The Homesteaders
- The Lone Deputy

Suggested Load Order:

1. Core
2. Rimworld Westernization Project
3. Combat Extended (Optional, but highly recommended. RWP was originally created with Combat Extended in mind, so you could say it's the way it was meant to be played.)
4. Rimworld Westernization Project + Combat Extended Compatibility Mod (Optional: Use if you intend to play with both Rimworld Westernization Project and Combat Extended together.)
5. Steam World (Optional: Use if you want to give your game a 19th century setting.)

If you have any feedback or ideas, please feel free to leave us a comment on the Steam Workshop or the Ludeon Forums.

Credits and Acknowledgements

Mod Team: JackeryFox and Tamias
Weapon Art: Stinkycat752, JackeryFox, and Vindar.
Apparel Art: Shinzy, Iverness, Jecrell, and Tamias
Mod Logo: Mzxs

Download
RWP Let's Play Series by Xwynns
Steam Workshop
ModDB

License
You're welcome to include this mod in a modpack, provided you give us credit and/or a link to the original post. Other than that exception, this work should not otherwise be distributed, reproduced, or uploaded elsewhere (in part or full) without our expressed written consent.

Canute

Tamias,
great work i need to say.
But i think you should put all 3 topic's into one topic, since they are more or less related together.
Or at last you should add forum link to the other 2 topic, so people can find them easyer.

Tamias

Ok, I'll be sure I link all the forum pages together when I get a chance.

Man_Jones

Oh so someone actually got around to updating this.

Canute

Hi,
just curious, why does the bowie knife got a so much higher DPS then any cavallry saber ?
Bowie 6.58  vs saber  hvy 4.17  light 4.76
Does the sabers got some hidden bonus ?

Tamias

@Canute: No, that has to be some kind of oversight, or a glitch. Thanks for reporting it, I'll look into it. Also, are you playing with or without Combat Extended?

marc0910

I played some Read Dead recently and really like the gattling gun :D

Canute

Tamias,
without CE. And the saber need some extra DPS too, light saber should have at last same DPS like a steel gladius, Hvy. saber like a steel Longsword.

Tamias

@Canute: Are you running any other mods that could be affecting melee weapons? I just checked with nothing but RWP and PrepareCarefully loaded, and got the following figures:

Bowie Knife: 6.54 base DPS
M1840 Heavy Saber: 7.5 base DPS
M1860 Light Saber: 7.27 base DPS

I thought that it might be a quality issue, since that can effect DPS. However, even the worst quality sabers never fell below 6 DPS, so there must be something else causing it.

Canute

Yep i got the value's from PC, so they are normal quality.
I am not aware about any mod that change weapons.
https://git.io/vh3Lk
But i will look into it maybe i found some.

Edit:
About the spectacles, it remove the head piece of armor even it doesn't cover the same bodyparts.
Spectacles L/R eye's,  cowboy hat  head L/R ear.
Would be nice if you would find a way to wear them both.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ser Kitteh

Dear OP, is there any plans to add western style objects like saloon doors or bars (like counters from More Furniture) or pianos, etc?

Tamias

@Ser Kitteh: I'd love to add some furniture/buildings to the mod. If I can source the art assets (I'm a terrible artist) then I'll definitely make it happen. My priority with the first update is artillery, however, since Steam World disables the vanilla mortar, thus leaving the player with no artillery. I'll be updating the mod in the next few days to include an 1857 Napoleon cannon and a Coehorn mortar, so I'll give some more details then.

Canute

Why do you want/need Artillery ?
No siege, no mechanoid happen with Steam world either.
You can just modify a frag grenade into a pole of dynamite, Steam world allready got a pretty strong clockwork grenade too.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Canute on June 02, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
Why do you want/need Artillery ?
No siege, no mechanoid happen with Steam world either.
You can just modify a frag grenade into a pole of dynamite, Steam world allready got a pretty strong clockwork grenade too.
1: Sieges can wreck your base if you don't counter back with artillery.

2: Because sometimes you just want to watch a base blow up.

Plus, I like the idea of having an enemy that just wants to blow you up.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canute

1. I never got problems with Sieges and i never build any mortar. It is easyer to kill them before they even build a mortar/sandbags.

And again, you suggest to use steam world, and that mod don't allow Siege.
But if you work with Modcheck tool, and check if steam world is active to surpress your own artilery, it is fine for me ! :-)