Tribal/Medieval overhaul?

Started by CazemTheNinja, May 26, 2018, 08:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CazemTheNinja

I've currently started designing aspects as part of a overhaul focusing on early age mechanics such as knights more early game herbs and medicine and weapons aswell as proper smithing and tanning.

I did want to extend the creation chain of various items such as cheese making and wine.

So for cheese making there would be various types of cheese dependant on the animal and each kind can be crafted into a cheese of varying quality I.e buffalo edam or sheep's mozzarella (I know now that realistic)

I was hoping to do this across a lot of items and 're do the economy so that making money is a tad more difficult and you actually have to use expert crafters to get there and can make large scale dedicated production lines. But I'm wondering if people would like this or think it would do? Or would it be too much micro management

tmo97

every thoroughly intricate and awesome mod tends to be poisoned by tedium that's directly in the middle of the linear progression.

please dont go down that route and use your sanity.

do you feel like building a tedium factory EVERY SINGLE TIME, or did you just imagine something cool that would get tiring if you forced yourself to walk through it every single playthrough, just to get that one cheese type you want?
if not, then you dont want it in your public mod; except as a preferential option

would your process of making cheese make it (acquisition-wise) as rare as jade?
if so then nobody's gonna really use it in their playthroughs, only in rare occasions or you gotta be one of those people that play on extreme and have no issues even though those people tend to be stupid and win for no reason anyway.