Dont drop the meal when drafting

Started by Alenerel, May 23, 2018, 05:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Usually it goes like this: you draft one or more pawns to do something (usually pewpewing), click them somewhere but decide to cancel, so I undraft and draft them again. The moment I undraft them they try to eat a meal (cause they have been drafted for a while probably cause its a goddamn battle) but I draft them again and they leave the meal in the ground. This is even "funnier" when it is a raid and you draft everyone and you see a lot of meals in the ground after doing this.

TLDR: pawns should take their meals when drafting them instead of leaving them in the floor.

Aerial

Yes, please!  This can be really annoying.  Pawns should just put their meal away if they're drafted before they finish eating.  In the event the pawn is actually eating at a table and already has a spare meal in their inventory, it would make sense to drop the meal, but only if the inventory slot is already occupied.

+1

cultist

I don't think this is so much as problem with the AI as a problem with the fact that battles need to to be micro-managed heavily unless you're fine with losing a couple pawns in every major fight. It's the fact that you need to draft and undraft in quick succession that causes this issue.

tmo97

"In the event the pawn is actually eating at a table and already has a spare meal in their inventory, it would make sense to drop the meal, but only if the inventory slot is already occupied."

That logic sounds like finished code, that's good stuff. That's pure logic.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

giannikampa

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Kirby23590

+1 I agree with this.

It doesn't make sense when trying to eat you drop the food when there's a rabid animal or a man with a knife running at you.

It's just micro-managed when drafting them and telling them to haul them back to the food stockpiles or fridge far away then stop them hauling and tell them to eat because now there's a table nearby.
I mostly make simple meals since it's cheaper than fine or luxurious meals, yes i know they stop the ate without a table mood by giving them a mood buff. I'm in a budget okay...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.