[A17] Wild West Guns

Started by marc0910, August 14, 2017, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc0910

This is my first mod I have ever made so go easy on me  :)
I'm open to all kinds of ideas to make this mod even better.

The mod adds 15 new weapons total (7 Revolvers, 5 Lever Action Rifles, 2 Shotguns and 1 Sniper Rifle)

I based all weapons on vanilla weapons and changed the stats only a little bit to make no weapon overpowered. Still every weapon should feel different and has reasonable cooldowns and range.

Download via GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3k71LiXlXKTSWZmaTBnNGMyX2M/view

Link to the stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1umbSpq_vGQHL8OcxGO3LDtgLrylINlpP_ZQIemS_XKo/edit?usp=sharing

The idea I had was to create a game where I remove the vanilla guns, Power Armor etc so the senario feels like the old West. I may do a reskin of the Tribes to make them look like native Americans and remove speers/pilars while adding a Tomahawk.

Hope you enjoy this mod

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

rambo

Are you gonna make a combat extended patch on on this

marc0910

I knew this question will come up and yes I will do a Version for CE.

This will take me some time since I'm currently working on modified Core Defs to remove the vanilla guns.

I think I come up with a CE version in about 10 days - 2 weeks

kaptain_kavern

If you are the same Marc from reddit I'm the same kaptain_kavern 8-)

Feel free to reach me through here if needed ;-)

PS: Folks in here will soon screaming for screenshots in your mod presentation ^^

Shinzy

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 16, 2017, 06:32:03 PM
PS: Folks in here will soon screaming for screenshots in your mod presentation ^^

THERE WILL BE NO SCREAMING HERE ABOUT SCREENSHOTS OR OTHERWISE, ARE WE CLEAR?!!!

kaptain_kavern

Oh a moderator. Rarer than a thrumbo herd lately :-p

Crow_T

I'm playing a tribal start and I feel this mod really adds a good intermediate step between primal and modern weapons, or even as a high point for tribes. One thing I may do is make the weapons a bit weaker/less ranged (maybe not though, I haven't used all of them yet)- I already changed the table to the fueled smithy in my game, and should add more work to complete a gun to compensate. I'm not sure where this mod was designed to fit into the vanilla game, but it's pretty cool all the same and the gunshot sounds are awesome :D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

marc0910

Yeah Crow_T I didnt feel confident enough to massivly change the weapon stats.

And I browsed a lot of youtube videos/ sound data sites to get the best weapon sounds :D all sounds are from the original guns

Huntakilla

WE WANT SCREENSHOTS!!! I think Shinzy is going to happy with this comment.

AKillerCoconut

I really like these weapons and this mod, hope that you continue working on it, maybe not necessarily a ton of new weapons but more what you talked about in your description. Though tomahawks and some feather headdresses would be cool. Like a chieftain one and one with a single feather that have corresponding social, diplomatic, and trade price improvements. 8)

marc0910

@AkillerCoconut that was exactly what I planned on doing :)

But at the moment Im pretty busy and Im gonna move soon so sorry for anyone waiting on the CE version etc. but it will take a bit longer

Debbonair

An update on the progress of this?  I'd REALLY love to play an authentic western experience but all that super advanced tech needs to go for that to be a thing. Also a few things need to be replaced like say, the coms console with a telegraph machine? lol

marc0910

Hey,

so after a long time I still dont want to stop working on this mod.

As soon as Rimworld 1.0 is released Im going to make a western overhaul. If you want to help me making this a real good overhaul, just wait for my post on r/Rimworld when version 1.0 is released. Im not good at creating textures or coding. All I did was looking into simular mods and copying code. Every help would be great, you can find me in reddit as user/marc0910/