[1.0] Playstory - Naked and afraid

Started by roben, June 17, 2018, 11:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roben

Hey there, I just wanted to share my first playthrough with 1.0. The Naked Brutality Scenario looked interesting, so I gave it a try. Here is how it went:

I started with Nana, a mediocre builder, crafter and doctor. These three skills I thought where most essential to survive. She had one point in growing and did not do any cooking, but scavenging brought her through the first days. Still naked, though, because she could not do any butchering to make clothes. The worst thing that happened to her was a short but intense fight with a mad rat.

And then, finally, a refugee called Roy arrived - chased by a raider! And as it turned out, he was Nana's father and skilled in all the things Nana could not do, but not being able to doctor and tend and being a crappy constructor in contrast to her. They both where a perfect match and things started to look promising.

But, as always, it didn't go as planned: Both succeed in incapacitating the raider but were injured during the fight. And, instead of being happy and tending the wounded and healing properly, I let Nana, already struggling with an infection, quickly fix up her father and hastily set up a prison in an existing structure in order to recruit the raider, too. Nana, barely conquering the infection, went to bed as soon as possible, without even tending to the captured raider. Long story short, she died with 95% immunity by her infection.

The raider died shortly after, because nobody was able to mend his wounds.

Shortly after, a single person raid occurred and spawned directly in a group of friendlies wandering by. They incapacitated him quickly and moved on without making a fuzz.

Still, nobody was there to cure him, so he bled to death, too.

But Roy lived and bravely continued his daughter's work, though nearly devastated by his loss.

(Fighting sadness by playing horseshoes with your dead daughter and a random dead stranger:)

Next try, a rescue pod dropped with a promising new candidate.

Roy didn't even try to fix him.

But the uninjured willing-to-join wanderer with doctoring skills will come by eventually, right?

Right?

No. But a mad muffalo came.

And then suddenly, a new hope:

Nope, too late.

What a stud, too:

Because of his lightning fast movement speed, this episode did not last long:

An finally, the end:

Best play-through ever, and I had many :)