What's something so minor and specific to you that it'd probably never get added

Started by Call me Arty, April 10, 2018, 04:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Quote from: RedMark on April 17, 2018, 03:20:50 PM
personally , the one thing that I want the most and is small? That would be for pawn to turn on the heater on their own and set it to what they feel confortable . Instead of getting 'Slept in the cold!' .

Another is stuff to make a cemetery .

Hm. I approve. Sometimes, I just want to let my pawns run their own ant-farm, and choose smaller things like that. Might get annoying if all of your pawns in parkas or . . . nothing fiddled with the knobs, it's probably give my thermostat-obsessed mother a heart attack.

I approve of the cemetery additions, though. Graves and sarcophagi are nice and all, but the community  has been asking for more dedicated things, like headstones for certain feats the deceased made, or plaques/memorial for bodies that can't be retrieved (failed caravan, burnt to ash, kidnapped by pirates, etc).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Greenbear

Just some things that pop to mind:
- adding a bill for downed centipedes to shoot at anything approaching that is not part of the colony/an ally/neutral etc. Could be used to auto-hunt animals or guard an entrance
- when calling the space pirates on the comms console you could taunt them into attacking you right away... or sooth them into not attacking you at all today
- pyromaniacs get a mood boost from watching a campfire
- grass re-growing from random soil spots all over the map, not just from the corner. My walled-off colony always looks completely barren

Jackalvin

Trains
Not the exiting map kind, more like:
"Oh, It's getting late, better hop on the train and get some rest"
It would allow bases to be more spread out, and having cargo containers and weapons mounts would be wild. Like the Factorio train of doom.
Coding this would be probably impossible, as you'd have to overhaul the whole A.I.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Call me Arty

Quote from: Jackalvin on April 25, 2018, 02:34:02 PM
Trains
Not the exiting map kind, more like:
"Oh, It's getting late, better hop on the train and get some rest"
It would allow bases to be more spread out, and having cargo containers and weapons mounts would be wild. Like the Factorio train of doom.
Coding this would be probably impossible, as you'd have to overhaul the whole A.I.

Oh, so less trains, and more like the little Minecarts you'd have in Minecraft to get between your ocean-house, your mining-house, and your crafting-house?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

Jackalvin

-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Call me Arty

Quote from: dearmad on May 20, 2018, 07:12:44 PM
Cheesemaking.

Put this in suggestions or pitch it to the Vegetable Garden team right away. If we can brew beer, I want cheese or yogurt. VG has, like, ten kinds of alcohol, so I'm sure pepper jack or blue wouldn't be too weird.

Dargaron

Too late: Cheese is already in Vegetable Garden, along with grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers and pizzas. Of course, you cook it on a stove, which I don't think is how it works normally...

(Oh, right, I'm supposed to contribute!) Erm, I'd love for at least 1x2 double doors to become part of vanilla. I know about More Doors (and I'm using it at the moment), but it has its own set of oddities that I suspect a dev-sanctioned feature wouldn't. And it'd be nice to have something more than your standard 1x1 door for the main gate of a fortified colony.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Dargaron on May 20, 2018, 09:02:58 PM
Too late: Cheese is already in Vegetable Garden, along with grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers and pizzas. Of course, you cook it on a stove, which I don't think is how it works normally...

(Oh, right, I'm supposed to contribute!) Erm, I'd love for at least 1x2 double doors to become part of vanilla. I know about More Doors (and I'm using it at the moment), but it has its own set of oddities that I suspect a dev-sanctioned feature wouldn't. And it'd be nice to have something more than your standard 1x1 door for the main gate of a fortified colony.

I'm well aware of it's having of cheese and all the ingredients that have it, but it's still just milk at a stove, no crazy brewing-system for milk that can make yogurt (which VG also has) or more than just generic yellow triangles.

I also love the idea of more doors. Drawbridges, blast doors, gates, all that good stuff.

Snowcaller

Locks to stop animals eating or drinking my product. >:(
Or my last couple of lucy shots. >:(
Bayonets. :D
Cheese. ;D
Grenade launchers.  ;D