Faction Leader Family

Started by Andre27, June 02, 2018, 09:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre27

So I just saw one of my randomly generated characters when launching/crashing had one of the faction leaders as his mother, though I rerolled him without thinking about it too much because he wasn't very good.

Does this do anything or matter ever?

Admittedly I should have also just used prepare carefully to keep that character and instead make him into something reasonable, but I didn't think of that, I also don't know if that would actually work, since you don't seem to be able to choose the faction leaders as your family or relations through prepare carefully, so maybe the relation would simply disappear?

And a last largely unrelated thing, the same faction leader also has the same name as my best shooter, and second best (I think) builder in my first ever game had (or still has). Though I guess it would be second best shooter too after I recruited someone with double passion and 16 skill, but she is 55 and I already had to give her a new heart while Ryoko 'Onesan' Minese is only 26 or something, with 12 skill and also double passion. Anyways, this was unrelated really, I just had to say something more, I love the game.

PatrykSzczescie

Family members and leaders are nothing but a mood debuff/buff upon their death for B18 and previous versions, so having a colonist whose mother is a leader of another faction means only that if the mother dies, the colonist will have -8 mood debuff for 2 quadrums. Nothing else.