[1.0](WIP) What The Hack?! - Mechanoid hacking

Started by Roolo, May 31, 2018, 04:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 24, 2018, 09:52:24 AM
Thanks.  I was half asleep when I sent that so sorry if it had been adressed

No need to apologize. I wasn't aware of the problem until you reported it, so you helped me  (and probably a bunch of other players).

rawrfisher

oh?  I'm used to being late to the party lol

Btw do you accept mod requests?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 24, 2018, 05:00:41 PM
oh?  I'm used to being late to the party lol

Btw do you accept mod requests?

Well, you can always ask. The chance won't be big that I'll fulfill the request, since I'm pretty limited time-wise and I have plenty of ideas myself. But yeah, you can always try :)

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Madman666

Quote from: Roolo on July 25, 2018, 02:38:43 PM
Well, you can always ask. The chance won't be big that I'll fulfill the request, since I'm pretty limited time-wise and I have plenty of ideas myself. But yeah, you can always try :)

Can you share some of those ideas? I d love to know what are you up to, once you re done with mechanoid hacking. After such amazing mods like Giddy Up and this one, i sure wanna know what ll be next! :)

DaBlupp

Hey Roolo, I sadly can't get the mod to work, I am getting this error:

https://git.io/fN0df

Edit: It's a very long error log, did I do something wrong?

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 25, 2018, 03:55:11 PM
I just wanna make retractable bridges lol

Cool idea. Though you have a bigger chance of seeing it implemented when posting your request on the general mods page. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Quote from: Madman666 on July 25, 2018, 05:54:59 PM
Quote from: Roolo on July 25, 2018, 02:38:43 PM

Can you share some of those ideas? I d love to know what are you up to, once you re done with mechanoid hacking. After such amazing mods like Giddy Up and this one, i sure wanna know what ll be next! :)

I'm afraid I have to be secretive about this. I don't want to rise any expectations I might end up not fulfilling. I know it sounds lame, but this really helps making modding not stressful for me. So like you're used of me, you'll only get to know my ideas when they have (almost) become reality.

Quote from: DaBlupp on July 25, 2018, 08:52:03 PM
Hey Roolo, I sadly can't get the mod to work, I am getting this error:

https://git.io/fN0df

Edit: It's a very long error log, did I do something wrong?

I just tested it with the latest Rimworld build and everything still works fine for me. Apperently the WhatTheHack assembly isn't loaded in your case. Are you sure you have the latest version of WhatTheHack and Rimworld?

Madman666

Well thats too bad, but oh well. Its you, so i know if it does get posted it ll be something absolutely amazing, so good luck and keep it up :D

Roolo

Thanks again Madman for your kind words.

Another update, mostly small things and fixes:
- Mechs don't wander around while drafted anymore so you can properly position them now.
- Added warning when a caravan runs out of fuel for mechanoids.
- Fix possible game crash caused by one type of hacking failed event.
- When you deactivate a drafted mech, it will automatically undraft, this prevents that it gets in a bugged state.
- You now cannot draft a mech that is low on power while auto-charge is enabled for that mech (this would lead to immediate undrafting, likely confusing the player).
- Fixed reservation problem occuring when multiple mechs go to a platform simultaniously.
edit: I just also added the following :
- Mechanoid parts and advanced mechanoid chips can be bought from exotic good traders now (both orbital and caravan).
- Increased market value but decreased sellpricefactor of both mechanoid parts and chips
- Slightly decreased drop chance of advanced mechanoid chips.
- Decreased cost per body part recovery (5->4).

I also released an update for Giddy-up! Ride and Roll, so it doesn't conflict with What the Hack anymore.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Roolo on July 27, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

- You now cannot draft a mech that is low on power while auto-charge is enabled for that mech (this would lead to immediate undrafting, likely confusing the player).
Maybe make a notification pop up in the top left when they try, so they don't think something is bugging out.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Roolo

Quote from: Umbreon117 on July 27, 2018, 09:33:06 AM
Quote from: Roolo on July 27, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

Maybe make a notification pop up in the top left when they try, so they don't think something is bugging out.

That's already there :). The button is greyed out , and if you click it anyway you get a notification.

rawrfisher

Could you move the hack priority above research? 
Professional jerk

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 27, 2018, 12:46:53 PM
Could you move the hack priority above research?

Yeah that's probably a good idea since hacking is something you do occasionally as opposed to researching. I'll change it soon

rawrfisher

Thanks.  Now if only my lancers had weapons lol

Would it be possible to allow construction of scrap mechanoids?  I have a few ideas how to do it but I dont know what kind of limitations the engine has
Professional jerk

Roolo

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 28, 2018, 04:34:53 PM
Thanks.  Now if only my lancers had weapons lol

Would it be possible to allow construction of scrap mechanoids?  I have a few ideas how to do it but I dont know what kind of limitations the engine has

Not really clear what you mean with "scrap mechanoids" , but I assume you mean  the construction  of mechanoids from  scrap mechanoid parts. The engine wouldn't be a problem and rarely ever has limitations when you know how to program. My time does have limitations though, so I have to keep the scope of the mod limited and focused. Going for constructable mechs is not what I want to achieve with this mod, and other mods already exist that do this. One mod for one purpose is really the way I work and allows people to get what they want without getting overloaded with other things they didn't ask for.

QuoteNow if only my lancers had weapons lol

They have charge lances? At least, they should have. What do you mean exactly?