Rimworld can make FTL on steroids.

Started by mcguckin, May 31, 2018, 08:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcguckin

Everything needed has been done.  I made a simple ship 1vs1 with everything already in the game to see if it was plausible and fun.  It was.

I made 2 ships with turrets and power,  then just pretended they were in space manuevering.  What was cool was the power piping and when connections to the reactor was severed.

It really sparked a lot of ideas.

cultist

I'm really liking this idea.

In theory, your ship could be a permanent caravan that moves around a selection of Rimworld overworld maps and burns fuel as it moves, with settlements taking the place of encounter nodes. Fights would take place in tiny maps, maybe the game can save a copy of your current ship and spawn it into each new map?

CTH2004

Quote from: cultist on June 01, 2018, 10:29:54 AMI'm really liking this idea.

In theory, your ship could be a permanent caravan that moves around a selection of Rimworld overworld maps and burns fuel as it moves, with settlements taking the place of encounter nodes. Fights would take place in tiny maps, maybe the game can save a copy of your current ship and spawn it into each new map?
Perhaps it could even go to new rim-worlds, so you take off, fly to a new world (which is a save-game), and interact. You can literally move between different saves! MWAHAHAHAHA