Builders won't build?

Started by Kittamaru, June 02, 2018, 07:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kittamaru

I run into an issue rather frequently where, for no explainable reason, my builders simply... refuse to build. If I manually click on each item (say a wall) I can get them to do it, and I have the resources (in this case, I'm trying to deconstruct some walls to replace with the standard wooden walls) and they just ignore it. Even if I remove every work task except construct, and limit them to that area, they just... wander around as though they have nothing to do.

It's game breaking, because the amount of micro-management becomes impossible.

I've got a number of mods, though I don't know how to find the mod list in an easy format to post; however, it works for a while and then just stops... restarting the game does nothing, only starting a new colony seems to fix it :(

I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting this... help!?

Canute

Hi,
please read the sticky of this subforum "how to ..." and give some more information.

When this happen on a new colony too, you can do the 50% methode.
Disable half of your mods, check if this still happen.
Until you can narrow down the mod which cause the trouble.

Kittamaru

I'll give it a shot! What's weird is I don't get any errors popping up that I see - I've got to head to work in a bit, but I'll try and capture some of it ASAP.

As for enabling/disabling mods... ouch, that's going to suck to do, mostly due to making sure I re-enable in the right order. Wish we had a mod manager ala NMM hehe. I'll give this a shot after work today though!

A bit more info:

At first, everything works just fine. It seems to happen randomly, with no apparent (at least, not that I can find) cause. Certain work items still work (hauling, for example), but others (like construction) seem to become entirely optional.

I attached the output_log.txt and my modsconfig.xml

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Thanks, but maybe just try at first the "share log" button or press CTRL-F12, hugslib gives a nice comfortable way for modlist and basic error log.
The modconfig from steam user is a number mess. :-(

- For a Modmanager try to look for Modswitch, you even can restore the modlist based on your safegame.

- There are some error's, looks like Prepare carefully don't like a mod
"Prepare Carefully failed to classify thing definition while building equipment lists: SRV_Turnip_Green" SRV_Cabbage, SRV_PickledTurnip
If you know which of your mod add Turnip,cabbage. You either disable PC after your colony is launcher, or ask the owner of the other mod.  PC won't get any update until next Rimworld release.

But that still don't explain why your pawn's stop working.
My knowledge is just basic, maybe someone else see something more.
But at first i would try to move PC at the end of the modlist or completly remove it.
"Could not generate a pawn after 70 tries. Last error: Generated pawn doesn't meet scenario requirements. Ignoring scenario requirements."
I think that's either from PC or prepare landing.

Kittamaru

I figured it out haha!

It's the Prison Labor mod - I didn't read the "Prisoner Work Zone" description correctly, and wasn't aware it allows ONLY prisoners to work in those areas.

D'oh!

Canute

Gratz,
so it was at RTFM mistake ! :-)