[1.0] Steel Is Iron and Uranium Color is Uranium!

Started by Kirby23590, June 04, 2018, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

A small little tiny mod that just renames Steel into Iron simple as that.

It's kinda weird in rimworld that you get Steel yet the game treats it more as iron. Since steel is supposed to be better than or an upgrade from iron in many ways in other games but steel falls flat when paired with plasteel or uranium melee weapons. But is essential for constructing important buildings or wires. Which is why i renamed Steel into Iron! And this is why i made it in the first place!

What does the mod do?
It Renames Steel into Iron and changes the description of steel/iron as well!

Wait that's all?
Well no it also renames Compacted Steel into Iron Ore and slightly edits the Steel Slag Chunk's description too, that's all it does! :P

But no wait! In the newest update in B19. Now it also modifies some of the descriptions as well of some new and old items, like the mini-turrets and sandbags for example!

Now for 1.0!!

What's Iron or what is even Iron from?

Here you go!

Another small tiny mod that replaces the textures of Uranium and giving it a darker green tint .

Because if you have Steel Iron and Uranium next to each other, like say a steel mace and a uranium mace next to each other, it can be hard to notice since they are both gray unless you check the weapon on what material it is made of. So i made this mod to give a green look to it and now the uranium maces that you found or made are now darker gray with a green tint on it despite looking odd and unrealistic but it's better to know which is steel and uranium right?

Without UCIU Mod

With UCIU Mod Active

God dangit, steel look! We just mixed up some of our stuff ya dumb idiot!

Steel and Uranium Ore side to side

I may be no metallurgist or geologist.
I know that uranium isn't supposed to be green or is made of kryptonite. But hey at least in a game stand point you can easily tell which is steel or uranium! ;D

Download Link

Google drive Steel is Iron and Uranium Color is Uranium!:
[1.0] Click Me!

Google drive Steel is Iron Only:
[B18] Click Me!
[B19] Click Me!

Credits:
Chemistry and Metallurgy for teaching me about metals and alloys including gases.
Heavy Metal music wait what?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

WolfgangPolska

Game is Unplayable without this mod now, thank u, I have been waiting for such feature for ages!
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Kirby23590

Nothing special here. But i has got new update!!

Replacing Steel with Iron Is now for B19!!! :D

bigheadzach

Wondering if this mod's just a version rename away from being 1.0 compliant...

Griphaha

Changing the target version to 1.0.0 in the about. XML, should perfectly fine.

Kirby23590

Oh hey. Sorry for being a lazy nut job... I was mostly playing some other games around in my game library and watching some youtube videos...

But i was still active in this forums, and now i made a new update for this Mod with a new second Mod called Uranium Color is Uranium!

Enjoy!