Six months since last dev blog entry.

Started by Habalabam, June 05, 2018, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habalabam

Are there any words on what aspects of the game are going to be addressed for the next release?

I looked over the FAQ and the sticky topics without finding anything.

The last dev blog entry "A million copies sold" is all enthusiasm, so I assume the game is still getting love. Though much can happen on the personell side when you have a dev team of one.

Kirby23590

It's been a few months since the last post in the dev blog.

Though while i wait for the v1.0 release patiently.

Tynan Sylvester is active in the Rimworld Reddit and in his twitter profile. I don't know if you heard that rimworld is adding bridges in v1.0 though. It's amazing stuff.

But yeah i think i would to see something or an update in the dev blog however though. Which would be nice.  :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Habalabam

Yes, this site is pretty much my only source for rimworld info, teasers and announcements.

Good to hear. I'll keep checking in here.

mebe

Quote from: Kirby23590 on June 05, 2018, 10:00:58 AM
It's been a few months since the last post in the dev blog.

Though while i wait for the v1.0 release patiently.

Tynan Sylvester is active in the Rimworld Reddit and in his twitter profile. I don't know if you heard that rimworld is adding bridges in v1.0 though. It's amazing stuff.

But yeah i think i would to see something or an update in the dev blog however though. Which would be nice.  :D

Would be sort of cool if the official site got some updates and maybe some input, not going to trawl reddit or start using twitter.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: mebe on June 05, 2018, 06:56:11 PM
Would be sort of cool if the official site got some updates and maybe some input, not going to trawl reddit or start using twitter.

There's always the RimWorld Dev Tracker so you can see all public statements from devs without having to visit each and every site listed.

Habalabam

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 06, 2018, 06:32:32 AM
There's always the RimWorld Dev Tracker so you can see all public statements from devs without having to visit each and every site listed.
Thanks. He is alive and kicking. That's for sure.

Tynan

Don't you worry :) Private testing is ongoing; four of us are working full-time on the game.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

isistoy

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 06, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

Thanks for this :)
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Jagerius

Quote from: Tynan on June 10, 2018, 09:00:05 AM
Don't you worry :) Private testing is ongoing; four of us are working full-time on the game.

Excited to hear that my favourite game of all time is getting some more love :) Keep the great work up!

ReZpawner

Why aren't you showing us some skin, you tease? C'mon, just an ankle and a suggestive look, anything.

Bastobasto

The game will never fully release and its only a scam so that tynan can get more money due to the people thinking that the game will go out of Early Access

saulysw

Myself and many others here would happily tell you what's wrong with it if you wanted to widen the testing group. Hint, hint.

saulysw

Quote from: Bastobasto on June 11, 2018, 08:11:26 PM
The game will never fully release and its only a scam so that tynan can get more money due to the people thinking that the game will go out of Early Access

Amazing. Every word of what you just said ... was wrong.

Bozobub

Quote from: Bastobasto on June 11, 2018, 08:11:26 PM
Even if true, so what? The game works reasonably well, a rather large number of people enjoy it — according to reviews — and it has an active, effective mod community and engaged players on the forums.  Yes, it can certainly use more work, especially "shiny bits and chrome" to give it that "finished" feel, but I expect THAT to continue until Tynan simply gets sick of supporting the game, long after 1.0 is released.

Remember, Ludeon depends on continuing sales, just like any company; it's not like there's paid DLC to fill their coffers.  There is absolutely zero conceivable reason why Tynan would want to kiss off his steady revenue stream, EVEN IF he was the kind of asshat you seem to believe him to be, until/unless he simply gets sick of the entire endeavor and/or real life forces his hand.
Thanks, belgord!

ReZpawner

Why are people fueling the fires of stupidity in here?
Tynan & the rest of the devs (Aren't you glad I remembered to mention you? <3 ) are putting on the finishing touches for Rimworld, and are planning their next project.

Now let's get back to pestering them for clues about stuff in 1.0.