[MOD] (Alpha 6) Mushroom ModA6 1.01 Compatability fix + options

Started by Jerethi50, June 19, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerethi50

Mushroom ModA6 1.01

This mod adds in grow-able farm-able and cook-able mushrooms, they grow all day and night, You should be able to do everything with these that you can do with normal stock food like berries and potatoes, the only difference being that they grow at night and there is a naturally occurring variant.
I used Platshrooms free open source textures for the mushrooms. found Here

Changelog:
A61.01 -
Should now be compatible with new biome mods, however will still conflict with any mod altering the two stock biomes this modifys.
Also added an optional version that has the old functionality of mushrooms growing in all light conditions all day. it will be available as a separate download, DO NOT USE BOTH AT ONCE!

A61.0 -
Updated for Alpha 6
Mushrooms now grow only in the dark.
they still grow outside fine at night. But any light source even player built will keep them from growing.

1.2-
Updated for Alpha 5

1.1-
Fixed issue where colonists wouldn't auto harvest Mushroom Crops (For other modders, wildcomonality seems to break autoharvesting, it can be fixed by making two plant entries, one with wild commonality with groundsowable set to false, and one without wildcommonality and with groundsowable set to true.

Download Dark Only

Download All Light

I would like to thank the following modders for inspiration and ideas and give them credit for the mods I have designed, I do not consider myself a modder, more of an Idea man who took various concepts and ideas and peiced them together to fit my vision.
Architect
abcdef
mrofa
Haplo
Evul
Ominus
PunisheR007

Thank you guys so much, your mods are awesome, and have inspired me to try my own hand at things.

Evul

Mushrooms! Cool!
Do you have plans on making them cookable?

(Also thank you :) )

Jerethi50

They are cookable! i just tested See!

PunisheR007

Awesome mod, love it. We did need more natrual resources, and this makes it so much better.
I think you should change the name of boulder to meteorite :). A meteoroid is the rock before it hits the atmosphere, a meteor is when it comes through the atmosphere and a meteorite is if it makes it thru the atmosphere and hits the ground. Just a little science for ya :)
Cheers!!.

Dipthong

Jerethi50

Ok guys i just noticed a problem with my mushroom mod and i need a bit of help figuring it out. seems no matter what my colonists will not autoharvest mushrooms from a growing zone, anyone else having this issue ? Anyone have any ideas what could cause it ? they still harvest normal plants, but wont autoharvest the shrooms

Jerethi50

I fixed the problem, Everyone please redownload the Mushroom mod. sorry about that!

mrofa

Preety cool idea especialy with minable boulders. Mashrooms could grom only in dark or low lighting places but thats just a suggestion :D
Mushroom soup for everyone! :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

They say flattery gets you far, and the are absolutely 100% right XD If you want me to have a quick go at making them grow, id be happy to oblige? No promises though, as ive not tried modifying plant code before so i don't know how the game will react
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Architect on June 20, 2014, 03:58:38 AM
They say flattery gets you far, and the are absolutely 100% right XD If you want me to have a quick go at making them grow, id be happy to oblige? No promises though, as ive not tried modifying plant code before so i don't know how the game will react

Makeing them grow ? in the dark you mean ? or at all, because they already grow fine, hehe, currently they seem to act like any normal vanilla plant, you can find them in the wild and pick them, they regrow, but you can also designate a growing area and grow them, they grow at night wich is unique to the shrooms I belive, (and in the dark, cave shrooms anyone ?) and they are usable as ingredients in vanilla cooking, I am pretty sure these mushrooms are fully functional. The only reason I havent made them only grow at night is because im not aware of any xml entry to do so, The entry that allows them to grow at night in the first place is simply setting the Minimum grow light down from overlit to dark.

N-Tempest

Hey! SHROOMS FOREVER!
I love these funky things! first thing i start a-growin is the shrooms!
The only thing i'd request is that they become sellable over the vendor?

also, i hate to shoot myself with this, but i would suggest that you need to research them to plant them?
any other plans for things? the simplicity and awesomeness of this mod makes me want to see moar! MOAR I SAY!

Architect

I meant glow, I just can't type XD However I can take a punt at making them only grow in the dark too. I helped someone else in the tester forum make a mod with plants that only grew in the dark, only they never finished it so it never got published out to everyone else.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Architect on June 26, 2014, 01:28:30 PM
I meant glow, I just can't type XD However I can take a punt at making them only grow in the dark too. I helped someone else in the tester forum make a mod with plants that only grew in the dark, only they never finished it so it never got published out to everyone else.

hey ... glowing .... can they visibly glow without producing "lit" squares, so as to not mess them up only growing at night ? and also ONLY GROWING AT NIGHT! yes please, I would be glad for such help :)

Architect

Quote from: Jerethi50 on June 26, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

hey ... glowing .... can they visibly glow without producing "lit" squares, so as to not mess them up only growing at night ? and also ONLY GROWING AT NIGHT! yes please, I would be glad for such help :)

Well you're in luck because my day tomorrow consists of pretty much buggar all. I'll take a look tonight, and throw something together for you tomorrow :P

Edit: Unfortunately your luck and mine both ran out. I've got it half way down, but for it to work properly it has to be its own class, because the rules for its growth are different. In turn that means I need to make a new reproducer class for it, because the old one wouldnt accept a new class. In turn I had to make a new category for it, because the old one would crash when the map genner tried to generate plants on the map. In turn again, I had to make a new Genstep to not crash, however because the new one cycled through all defs, the game rejected it entirely as it was expecting commands like that to only come from the core. In turn, I got angry after having spent several hours getting to that point only to find that the game physically wont allow it, and decided to give it a rest. Sorry dude, there may very well be work arounds, but I don't currently have the time to look into them, as today is my first real day off and i intend to try and stay calm throughout it :P

Jerethi50

Quote from: Architect on June 26, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: Jerethi50 on June 26, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Well you're in luck because my day tomorrow consists of pretty much buggar all. I'll take a look tonight, and throw something together for you tomorrow :P

Edit: Unfortunately your luck and mine both ran out. I've got it half way down, but for it to work properly it has to be its own class, because the rules for its growth are different. In turn that means I need to make a new reproducer class for it, because the old one wouldnt accept a new class. In turn I had to make a new category for it, because the old one would crash when the map genner tried to generate plants on the map. In turn again, I had to make a new Genstep to not crash, however because the new one cycled through all defs, the game rejected it entirely as it was expecting commands like that to only come from the core. In turn, I got angry after having spent several hours getting to that point only to find that the game physically wont allow it, and decided to give it a rest. Sorry dude, there may very well be work arounds, but I don't currently have the time to look into them, as today is my first real day off and i intend to try and stay calm throughout it :P

YOU SOB! HOW DARE YOU... lol j/k man Thanks for trying, I figured it might be ... a bit complex to work out, was hopeful but not dead set on it. Thanks so much for trying, And i hope it didn't ruin your day or anything. I appreciate the help :)