Error while loading map (Also applies when starting new colonies)

Started by xello, June 13, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xello

So, I am now suddenly unable to load my current (and only) save file.  Perma Death Extreme Tribal Randy random, colony has survived a number of years now, by far my absolute best run!  I don't mind starting over, but I would prefer not to! </3

Little info before I post what I think to be the error log;  Prior to the game doing this, I noticed a bit of ingame stuttering, and when trying to open the world map, the game crashed (This happened twice).  After the second crash, I began seeing the "Error while loading map" message.  I am also unable to start any new colonies.

I have verified cache via steam, but I haven't done anything else just yet.

Likely causes(?)    Well I have 3 loaded zones, two of which are flooded with infestations.  One which was abandoned (escaped via drop pods) because it was entirely over-run. (It's a mess!) The other which currently has my main base (Max hive spawns on both I believe as I don't receive the reproduction warnings anymore)

The third loaded zone was a small farming caravan, which had an event in the process. It changed from Man hunter pack interuption, to a trading caravan after the initial crash.     Runs fine --- > caravan gets man hunter event --- > open world map ---> game crashes ---- > load game ---- > Caravan gets trader event ---->  Open map ---->  crash ---- > loading errors.  ---> loading error when starting new colonies.

Heres what I think is the log.  Somebody save me!  Or at least my colony!

mod list  https://justpaste.it/5oq48

Output logs   https://justpaste.it/49xkv

error logs https://justpaste.it/6b0lb

Canute

Hi xello,
you error is easy to find:
"DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory "
Since you don't use alot of mod, you should have either a larger map with maybe a 100% world map.

If you can't load the safegame and not even the autosave (i think permadeath got autosafe too), then i can't help.
You need to edit the safegame, but currently i can't say what you should edit.

But if you manage it to load a safegame, try out
RuntimeGC mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37257.0
to delete unneeded dead pawns and others.

xello

Yes, I did use 100% map generation, with the second (Larger) option for Large map size.

As far as I can tell, my Perma death file only has the single save / file.   Are the auto saves put somewhere separate?

What are some steps I can take to plan what I need to edit in my save file?

Should I just never play on 100% with large map?  D:

::such a fast reply! <3::

Canute

Sorry i don't know where a permadeath autosafe is located, i just though there is one.

But a short guide at last to delete dead pawn's.
Backup you safegame at last.
Open it with a texteditor.
Search for <pawnsDead>
And delelte anything until  </pawnsDead>.

Maybe this allow you to load the safegame.

QuoteShould I just never play on 100% with large map?  D:
Would be a wise choise. :-)
Did you ever hear about the Hardcore SK modpack ? The devs of these modpack suggest a 30% world and never bigger then standard maps. These modpack is a memory monster.
And currently only the Linux release got 64bit and no memory problems.
But i don't think you want setup a linux partition to play rimworld ? :-)

xello

Update!

Well I deleted everything inbetween <pawnsDead>    </pawnsDead>   it took a long time,  about 6 minutes of scrolling the mouse wheel like a race car tire.    But to no avail :(  game still gets loading error when attempting to load game.  I made a backup just incase.

I did notice however, that there is a portion within my save text that says something about the map data, and it is just as long, maybe longer than what was piled within the <pawnsDead>  </pawnsDead> portion.
It looks like this

<tileBiomeDeflate>
7H09rmy7jfXDFxidOHd+AScNj8Rz6LSBTjvuCXT+JmE07hw6cuSwZ2F4Ak4+CATBxZ8lUXtrV9W972DhnKrS1pYoiqJI/f7jP/76
h3/5f//4j/H3n//3n//3P/81/v/jPwb+/Bf5/ru/S/hf//Dnv/zL//vrH8av//7T+P/v/zqej9D//tOf//Lnv4w0/vtPI+TPf/nj
3+TtP/9l5DC+jTdHPiPW7/4u+Y03JbXx/d//deQzfkmI5j4w4o13//1f//Ef//Nff/2D0Dgo1/T/5f8NSkZ++nSk/i//b2DQNt6T
3P/6h//+06BGcvjvP0lpRt7yf/z+3d+FBs03QkuuvBp5SFkHNSP89/+U9yWNUcrBG3lzpP67vw+MsF9+FR6Pp1Le//mv3/19pCG0
DQi9g+6Rl5Tor3/433+Tko189W+UeaQy3v3d30dKI3dJV/IfcYRGSVtyHJSMGhjv/fef/v1fhVrP58FZ5bOWXZ5KCIZZLWoNCh+E
FqFHSyv/9c0hHQaRLM/nAeEslkFSUj5LSiO3gZG61O8vv0q4/JJ61jeMVuGz5j34LBxgfB5lEU6LDI23hJORvkHJiKMc1jgimSbZ
Tiny tiny example.  Could this be causing a problem?   It is very very very long.

Canute

To bad that the remove of the dead pawn's didn't help.

Ofcouse the entries of the biome data is very long, that's your map data.
It's basicly the reason why you run out of memory.
But you shouldn't edit there anything.

I have no knowledge what else you can safty remove from the safegame, to lower the memory usage.

If you got a good friend with a Linux system, maybe you can ask him to install Rimworld, load your safegame with RuntimeGC.
Then he doing some addional clearing with that mod, and give you back the safegame.

xello

Darn!  Well thank you very much for taking the time to try and help me.  At least now I know better!  No more 100%, and maybe not so Large maps!   :-[   

I will install the RuntimeGC for my next colony after I reinstall, so maybe it will stop this from happening again.

Thank you again!   (Every time something bad happens, it's like the universe is telling me, "USE LINUX!"  ;D )