Better lighting equals faster work

Started by Injured Muffalo, June 14, 2018, 11:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Injured Muffalo

More light in an indoor area, production bonus. Nothing crazy, just a few percent.

I thought of this when my workshop was remodeled and became well lit and I realized it was all cosmetic.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Mehni

Already a thing.  ;D Being in darkness comes with penalty to global work speed and movement speed.

Injured Muffalo

Yes, it is, but just for one level indicating complete darkness or some light. It doesn't function as a bonus, only a penalty. I am suggesting that some areas can be better lit than other lit areas and an actual work speed bonus on production in those areas of a few percent would be logical.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Jenyaza01

There is no really bright lamps, only up to 100% (normal day light).

As i can propose, in might be normal (100, or even 105%, as TS said) work speed at day, than down to about 90-95% work speed at 50% light, and down to 50% work speed and, emm, 70% walk speed in dark. Yes, not suddenly change, but slowly, as a function of light level.

Aand, then you can place "solar" lamp at your laboratory (where is only 50% light level usually), if you want work slightly faster.

(i haven't noticed dark debuffs for now)